Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I bought my teryx brand new in 2009 it has always had a little bit of a rough start when its cold, but within the past couple days the cold start has been near impossible to start. Yesterday it took me 20 minutes to get it started, with starter fluid and not giving up untill it started. But this morning it wouldnt start no matter what I did, can someone help me out? Is it the spark plugs or maybe the fuel pump or fuel filter. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
May very well be intake valves. Cold start problem with mine was do to warn valve seats (therefore valves out of adjustment). Todd (from Hunterworks) knows these engines cold. I'd suggest giving him a call. He is very helpful.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had trouble starting my 2010. I spoke to Todd at Hunterworks about it and he told me it was my valves. Brought it to the dealer because it was still under warranty and it was bad valves. Changed out the valves and it cured the problem.

·
Registered
526 Posts
valve valves valves call todd at hunterworks im fixixn to have to fix mine as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts