Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am wanting to install a engine oil cooler on a 2010 Teryx. I have the sandwich adapter and my problem is, how do I remove the oil filter feed pipe from the engine block? There is nothing but threads (which I do not want to damage). I assume the pipe just threads out but what am I supposed to hold onto it with? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Could u double nut it then turn it off??

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I guess I am thinking the one I seen you just screwed the filter off and screwed the adapter on and screwed the filter back on to the adapter, at least thats the way the one I seen, the pipe stayed on the motor for the adapter to screw on to and the adapter had a threaded pipe fitting for the filter to screw on to but you must have a different set up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im pretty sure its pipe thread so you cant really double nut it, what about trying an inside pipe wrench like a plumber would use to remove a broken nipple ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a pain in the azz

Thanks for all your answers. After I had a cup of coffee it came to me that I could double nut that thing. After driving all over town I finally found a place that carried the proper size nuts. Got home and sure enough, the nuts were too wide and only one would go on. I got out the vise grips and the belt sander and proceeded to grind one of them down. After 35 minutes of that I finally had enough clearance for both nuts and out came the pipe with ease.So now I go to install the adapter and the threads on it are too long. It bottoms out inside the case before it has a chance to tighten the adapter to the block. So I figure I will go up town and find an aluminum washer to put in there to take up some slack and also create a better seal. After visiting 5 different auto parts shops I came up with nothing. So being po,ed I went home and took the new feed pipe to the belt sander and took enough off to get the sandwich adapter nice and tight. So much for just bolting it up there. If I had known all this before hand I think all my cooler hardware would be on Ebay. Having a shop and a lift would be nice, oh well lesson learned. Thats guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts