Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first post, I have been reading for awhile bought a 08 teryx bout 3 weeks ago and ive had nothing but problems from the start. Me and the wife just took it out for a ride after i changed the oil earlier. we rode for about 30 minutes all black top riding, I started up a hill and it started smoking from inside the cab (White smoke) and the oil light started flashing and it died and would not start back so we pushed it up the hill, and called for help then towed it back home. Ive just had the carbs cleaned and valves adjusted. What would have caused it? Thanks for reading i hope this wasn't covered somewhere else i tried to search for it but couldn't find a problem like mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still wont start im sure its getting fuel, fire and air anyone have any ideas? it will crank but wont fire. Could it be the valves again?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
You may have overfilled it a bit. On the hill oil could have puked in the plenum and entered into the carbs. Catch can is the proper fix if this is the issue. Temporary fix is to drop a bit of oil out and retest (still lots left on dipstick though).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for answering, ive got the thing running i had to adjust the intake valves but it wont idle now. but as far as running it is running good with lots of power just wont idle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts