Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an older women who has been given a 2008 Teryx. Heres what I can't figure out. How to tell when you need a fill up. I don't have an owners manual and the gas gauge is unreadable. Do I go by the hours? How many hours to a full tank? Dumb question but I hope you experts can help me

·
Registered
189 Posts
i always open the gas cap and look inside, U can see the black hose. Just don't let it get less then 2'' of fuel, or look at the site window and shake the teryx.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Site window is under the passenger seat where the passengers feet go. You can see the tank through it to see the gas level through the plastic. Good rule of thumb is to fill up every 5 hours of use. If you do that you should not have a problem.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have the 09 which has the fuel gauge but there are several venders that sell an after market gauge for the 08 but I have a 06 Rhino that I have the same problem with it has the sight glass but as the plastic turns it is almost impossible to see the gas in the window I have me a small round wooden dowel that is about 3 feet long and I just stick in down in the tank and you can tell when it gets below about 1" put gas in it, my wife can do it because she rides it most of the time and since see run out of gas about 2 months ago she checks it now every time before she rides

·
Registered
123 Posts
I watch the trip meter. Fill up at about 100 km's (60 miles). Never failed yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts