Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first SxS. I've been riding dirt bikes since I was 10. Anyway, just wanted to make my introduction. Having some tuning issues with the Teryx already so I'm sure I'll have a few questions. That comes with buying used I guess. Seems intake related since I took the cover off and it runs better already.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
This is my first SxS. I've been riding dirt bikes since I was 10. Anyway, just wanted to make my introduction. Having some tuning issues with the Teryx already so I'm sure I'll have a few questions. That comes with buying used I guess. Seems intake related since I took the cover off and it runs better already.
Welcome, put the cover back on and fix it. These vacuum carbs don't really like open air boxes and anyone who says they do has not ran a properly tune one with a airbox lid.

Todd

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome to the site from Louisianna, I raced dirt bikes, 3 wheelers, quads and have always rode ATVs but once I bought a sxs I was hooked, you will see what I mean it is the most addicting thing I have ever rode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hunterworks, I agree. That was only a test to see if there was any difference. I have since found out the guy I bought it from put an airbox from a 10' fuel injected Teryx on it and a Dynajet kit in it. I'm trying to locate the correct airbox for it now.

The lid being off did make a big difference but not perfect. I've learned that the air inlet tube on a fuel injected Teryx is smaller than a carbed one. Need that 08' airbox. ;-)

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Hunterworks, I agree. That was only a test to see if there was any difference. I have since found out the guy I bought it from put an airbox from a 10' fuel injected Teryx on it and a Dynajet kit in it. I'm trying to locate the correct airbox for it now.

The lid being off did make a big difference but not perfect. I've learned that the air inlet tube on a fuel injected Teryx is smaller than a carbed one. Need that 08' airbox. ;-)
We have a proven jet kit and air box lid mod that performs well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update!!!

Fixed it! Drilled two 1 1/2" holes in the top of the 2010 airbox and took it out for a test run with 1 of the holes taped over. Still ran bad. Untaped the second hole and it ran awesome! Ended up getting 55 mph out of it. All it has is the dynajet kit and the two 1 1/2" holes I drilled. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts