Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of doing a rad relocate and snorkel job on my 09 Teryx. I will be fabricating all my own brackets for the relocate and figured I could get a list of the required fittings needed to do the snorkel on the forum. After a bit of searching I found a snorkel parts list on the forum and will be attempting this project next week. I am in Alberta Canada and have experienced overheating because of the muskeg that we encounter here. But with putting the rad between the seats the problem is eliminated.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome to the forum man you can really pick up good info on here to me its the best forum for the teryx, whats with your user name are you a fireman and I assume muskeg must be something like our goat weed ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First time in a forum and locating the icons takes some doing.Firecat is an Arctic Cat snowmobile that I have. easy username to remember

·
383 Posts
Good day Firecat, what part of Alberta are you from. There are a few of us from Alberta on this forum. Are you puttin your rad between the seats mounted on the cage?
Big daddy muskeg is a thick, gooey, black peatmudd that sucks your machine in and if you are lucky it has a bottom. Some of the winter roads up here are made of frozen muskeg and flooded with water and if you break through in some places you could lose your truck, or D8 cat or grader. It will sink to the bottom never to be seen again. WTF is goat weed?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Good day Firecat, what part of Alberta are you from. There are a few of us from Alberta on this forum. Are you puttin your rad between the seats mounted on the cage?
Big daddy muskeg is a thick, gooey, black peatmudd that sucks your machine in and if you are lucky it has a bottom. Some of the winter roads up here are made of frozen muskeg and flooded with water and if you break through in some places you could lose your truck, or D8 cat or grader. It will sink to the bottom never to be seen again. WTF is goat weed?
Got you on the muskeg down here in Louisianna we have river bottom gumbo mud it will stick to your tires and your 26" will be 30" if you don't have the right tires and the motor to clean them off, I have seen some of the old 4 wheelers get so much build up on the tires that the front ones would just stop turning

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome aboard Firecat!! Where are you located?? As already stated, there are alot of us on here from Alberta. Most around Edmonton area and a few of us up north in Fort Mac.

Chris

·
Registered
516 Posts
Welcome Firecat,
Another Albertan is good to have on here, have you already relocated the rad, if so get some pictures and how did it turn out? Good to have you here! :wave:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome to the forum Firecat, I'm from 2 hours east of Red Deer. Usually go through there to go riding 2 or 3 times a year. Always would like to go more often but that seems to be all we can get a way. When you get your rad move done, I would like to see some pictures as well. Crow

·
Registered
16 Posts
welcome firecat i too am big daddy from the north true Canadian. Watch for group rides post maybe we all can hook up in Rocky arae this summer?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
big daddy you were blowing my mind I just pulled up new post and when I seen a new post from big daddy I thought I was going crazy and I remembered another big daddy wow how confusing to me I know it would be to someone else, the only difference is you have a space between big and daddy, me and you might get each other in trouble I can always say NO THAT WASN'T ME THAT WAS THE OTHER BIG DADDY.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts