Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody I just got on this thing recently, and i bought a 08 teryx ss rims and 27" tires. I got it really cheap but it needs a new belt. Just wondering how you go about changing them on the teryx. have changed them on the bruteforces but never on a side by side.

If you can help me out thanks

·
383 Posts
Welcome to the site :wave:, where in "Central Alberta" are you? Like Doug say's similar to the brute means start pulling s**t off untill you can see the clutch cover, pull some more s**t off till you can get at the clutch cover and then it is just like doing a brute.

1 Plastics (engine cover, drive shaft cover, front shifter tower cover)

2 passenger seat support

3 if you have aftermarket skid you might need to remove to get at the gas tank bracket bolts (bottom of machine) gas tank and side seat support frame (the coil is bolted to it) undo wires and vaccumm hoses don't undo 4x4 shift cable just rotate bar out of the way

4 clutch cover

Have fun and for a first timer set aside a good 2 1/2 to 3 hours of your day for it, but don't worry after you have done it a few times it gets quicker. I have it down to about 45 mins depending on the day and my level of urgency. Usually I am doing all my repairs the night before I am going riding so I have to :93C_peelout[1]: to GITTER DONE :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
belt change

Check out Hunterworks.com he has a bunch of instructional videos. One outlines step by step what you need to do to change out the belt on your Rex.

Teryx Clutch Install

Follow the link. If your interested there are a bunch of videos that explain maintenance and main components as well. Pretty good for first time buyer.

PS buy only OEM belt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts