Teryx HQ banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my HID kit in today, where is the battery located and how hard is it to get to the headlights?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Everything is hooked up, the bulb moves in and outwards but dooes not light up? any suggestion on the fix?
Check the ground that come from the wire harness that is buy the ballast... Also make sure you keyed the +/- plug for the ballast.

If you still have issue call the shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
oh,really.
we are the hid kit manufacturer,most of my customers can use them well.
Our company is specialized in hid products for several years,Who located in Shenzhen City.Which is a beautiful city.
Some pictures as below are for your brief view and further information can be available at our website: www.ousukai.com or Ouskai Electronic Technology CO.,Ltd - HID ballasts, slim ballast, HID kits
Customers from USA,Cananda, Europe and Middle East have already established agreeable and mutual-benefit business relation ship with us and highly appreciated our professional serves.
We sincerely hope hear your enquiry and further suggestion which will give us an opportunity.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
oh,really.
we are the hid kit manufacturer,most of my customers can use them well.
Our company is specialized in hid products for several years,Who located in Shenzhen City.Which is a beautiful city.
Some pictures as below are for your brief view and further information can be available at our website: www.ousukai.com or Ouskai Electronic Technology CO.,Ltd - HID ballasts, slim ballast, HID kits
Customers from USA,Cananda, Europe and Middle East have already established agreeable and mutual-benefit business relation ship with us and highly appreciated our professional serves.
We sincerely hope hear your enquiry and further suggestion which will give us an opportunity.
I'm glad you live in a "beautiful city" but back on topic.
So are you going to fix the issue and send him a replacement that is solid fitting or ? You have a guy on the site that didn't even sell the HID kit trying to help out the other guy out here that purchased your HID kit. Please do the right thing and fix the issue with your product. If its loose fitting, it will break offroad. Look like the good guy here, not the bad guy. It's better for business.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check the ground that come from the wire harness that is buy the ballast... Also make sure you keyed the +/- plug for the ballast.

If you still have issue call the shop.
Where do you bolt the ground and what do you mean by "keyed" the +/-? I had it bolted on the frame right behind the shock. But like I said, the bulbs move in and outward but are not lighting up, another thing I noticed is that when I move the wires coming out from the relay harness of the kit, the bulbs move too without me moving the hi/lo switch on the teryx.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Where do you bolt the ground and what do you mean by "keyed" the +/-? I had it bolted on the frame right behind the shock. But like I said, the bulbs move in and outward but are not lighting up, another thing I noticed is that when I move the wires coming out from the relay harness of the kit, the bulbs move too without me moving the hi/lo switch on the teryx.
The ground goes on the bracket for the headlight assembly support that bolts to the frame. The power leads that plug into the ballast make sure those are keyed in correctly, positive to positive....

One thing that you want to do is grab a test light or a meter and see if you have 12 volts to the ballast, just double check all of the connections... If not then you have a bummed kit.

Our kits come with a mounting bracket for the ballast so the install is clean one. See pics below.

Good Luck

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The ground goes on the bracket for the headlight assembly support that bolts to the frame. The power leads that plug into the ballast make sure those are keyed in correctly, positive to positive....

One thing that you want to do is grab a test light or a meter and see if you have 12 volts to the ballast, just double check all of the connections... If not then you have a bummed kit.

Our kits come with a mounting bracket for the ballast so the install is clean one. See pics below.

Good Luck
Thanks for all your help. I switched the ground out to where you have it mounted but still no light. The relay box makes a clicking noise and thats it, I'm guessing it's a bad kit :mad:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Props to SXS Customs for great tech support and pics, guess I know where Im buying my HIDs from
Thanks... Watch for our new kits.

Gomezj1988
It was a pleasure to talk to you today and good luck with the kit if you get in a bind just give me a call again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Separate the headlamps(right & left)from your car after opening your car bonnet. if there is enough space for exchange, it is not needed to separate the headlamps from your car.

Open the rear cover of the headlamp and pull the installed halogen lamp out.

在照明灯后盖的中间钻一个21mm的洞(用专门的21mm的开孔器钻)。
Drill a hole in the middle lf the rear cover of the headlamp with a 21mm hole cutter.

Take out the plastic cap of the HID bulb.(be careful not to touch the bulb.)

把灯泡安装在照明大灯上。(注意:灯泡安装后,请再次检查是否安装正确。)
Put the HID lamp into the headlamp unit. ( caution: please confirm whether the installation of press spring has settled properly after installing the lamps. )
Caution: please check again whether the installation is proper after installing the lamps.

Connecting the wires-referring to the wiring diagram in the guide book.

Close the cap of the headlamp after fitting the rubber barking attached to the bulb’s wire into9 the unit’s cover.

Stick the ballast on the nearest place from the headlamp in the engine room firmly by using double-faced tape , cable tie and etc.

Connect the wire of the ballast with the wire of bulb.

Test whether or not the headlamps work properly.

*If both lamps don’t light at the same time or flicker ,change the battery to more than 60Ah since it results from the lack of electric power; or add relays to bear more than 15A since it results from the lack of electric current.
*Make sure to change the fuse for the headlight to at least more than 20A. If you use the fuse less than 20A,it tends to be out when the light turns on.

·
Registered
630 Posts
thanks for your suggestion.i have shared you the installation guide on it now,bout of you can have a look.
First off there should be no drilling or seperation of wires needed. We have sold many kits and have not had any issues with our kits, I spoke with your customer today and assisted him even thought he did not get the kit from us. All of hid wireing is correct but the relay has parts that are rattleing around on the inside and no power to the ballast.

The bulbs shuold be a one for one replacement and no drilling is required as well as wire sliceing, it should be a plug and play kit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ok,Dear friend,do you have the email or msn,i send the installation picture to you.maybe it will be more clear. here is my email [email protected]
Thanks for your kindly understanding.

Is this guy for reals? Sorry this has to happen, this is gives legitimate dealers (that actually own side by sides) a bad name.

you guys need any help from me let me know. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts