Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back I took my stock 2010 Teryx to camp. It was so dusty you could hardly see in front of the Teryx more than 10 feet or so. We rode anyway. After a while when we would stop and the Teryx was still in drive, it would slowly build a high pitch ringing sound. It kinda sounded like it was comming ffrom the clutch/ Belt area. You could tap on the gas pedal or put in Neutral and it would quit doing it. It didnt do it everytime we stopped but it was annoying. No loss of power at all but I was still concearned a bit. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sounds like your belt is a bit tight. most guys say if its just starting to squeal in gear and stopped its adjusted perfectly. Just bump the machine in neutral if you stop long. I do this with my machine and my belt sounds just like you describe and I have no problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man,

I really did not think it was anything too bad but I still have a small doubt in my mind about my cluch going out. I am sure it is not but you never know.

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine does that as well. Just put it in neutral if you stop for a long period of time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts