Teryx HQ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

My name is Aaron Jagger; I’m currently deployed to Afghanistan and attached to a US Army Special Forces team in a very remote location. We have a 2009 Teryx 750 that we use on our patrols through the local area.

The problem I am having is intermittent, but has been occurring more often recently. At full throttle the engine bogs down to a near stall, before increasing RPM's in almost a cyclic pattern: up, down, up, down, up, down ect. If the throttle is slowly increased the engine has no problem keeping up until approximately half throttle, when it bogs down again. This is with the transmission in neutral, so no load on the engine.

If the transmission is in gear it happens just the same, although it seems to happen earlier in the RPM range.

I have done the basic troubleshooting (changed engine oil/filter, pulled and cleaned spark plugs, inspected the throttle bodies for damage, Cleaned the air filter and inspected the air box for damage, and changed out the ECU) and have come up short.

Now I am no expert on the Teryx, in fact prior to a month ago I had never seen one before, so if anyone has seen this problem before, or has any suggestions as to what I should be looking for, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I'd start with new spark plugs, check coils and spark plug wires/connections.
I assume you changed the fuel filter and made sure the throttle bodies and the bowl are clean. Are they sliding freely?
For some reason I thought the US Army got the carburated version. If it is when it bogs, is it a bit better pulling the choke or not?

Good luck with your issue. Come back safe and thank you for serving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts