Teryx HQ banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hi there, yes I have these and will be running them on our project Teryx. I have no feedback as of yet as we are awaiting our suspension to be done. They do look nice and are quite light!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, yes I have these and will be running them on our project Teryx. I have no feedback as of yet as we are awaiting our suspension to be done. They do look nice and are quite light!
how do you feel they stack up against everyone else? someone in another forum mentioned ITP's

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Well here is the reason why we went with the Hiper wheels. First and most importantly, weight. We wanted a 14" but also wanted a beadlock. Rotational weight will have a fairly significant effect on performance. The Hiper wheels weigh about the same as or less than a 12" beadlock.

The other thing is that they are unique, not a lot of people have them, therefore, we liked that people would have an opportunity to see something different on the Teryx for the UTV Off-Road Magazine article.

A lot of people run the OMF's and the ITPs, nothing at all wrong with them, just a matter of the look you want as well as what you are trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here is the reason why we went with the Hiper wheels. First and most importantly, weight. We wanted a 14" but also wanted a beadlock. Rotational weight will have a fairly significant effect on performance. The Hiper wheels weigh about the same as or less than a 12" beadlock.

The other thing is that they are unique, not a lot of people have them, therefore, we liked that people would have an opportunity to see something different on the Teryx for the UTV Off-Road Magazine article.

A lot of people run the OMF's and the ITPs, nothing at all wrong with them, just a matter of the look you want as well as what you are trying to accomplish.
thanks for the explanation, makes sense

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
thanks for the explanation, makes sense
No problem at all...wish I could be more technical, but I am in no way an expert on wheels :)

On another note, welcome to the site :wave:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I am sure you will, we have a lot of great people here, so never hesitate to ask questions or provide feedback :good:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I actually have a call into them on another bit of information I heard, I will be sure to speak to them about any leaking issues as well and report back.

·
Registered
722 Posts
If money wasn't an issue like the rich guys around here they would be on mine. I went with the itp's just because of price. Very nice looking wheel the hypers are though.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
what did you hear?
Properly torqued their should be no issues with leaking. As for my call into them, I am still talking with them about it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I got a buddy who has a shop and got the buddy hook up. I can tell you I got a killer deal and got an extra black beadlock also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts