Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems like if i hold the steering wheel straight it pulls to the right. can i just pull thge steering wheel off and remount it with the wheels straight? Does the steering wheel have a series of splines or does it only go on 1 way?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i looked it over and didn't see anything wrong with the tie rods or arms. don't know where else to look at. I rode it around after the hit and it bugs the shit out of me that the steering wheel isn't lined up staight with the wheels

·
Registered
141 Posts
There should be a way to adjust that, but not by just turning the steering wheel so it lines up. There should be something you can adjust in the linkage somewhere.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to try to pull it back to shape. I'm going to lose sleep until i straighten it out.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it made the wheel shift back a inch, worst comes to worst I'll look into a new frame, what year did they change with the new gussits?

·
Registered
123 Posts
You could take it to a frame shop. Or hit a tree on the other side to even things up:laugh::laugh: Really unless it is pulling hard one way or wearing the tires bad, I would straighten the steering wheel & drive it. A new frame would be overkill,if it was insured, it would be wrote off. Labor to change it over alone would be high enough. When I take mine out to play something gets tore up to some degree every time. Nature of the beast or me?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it doesn't pull. When I get back home with it from NC, We'll try it on the frame machine

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I own Tire store have did alignment for many years, you have knocked the toe out and you have a couple of options you can take the wheel off and put it back on straight but your toe is out of adjustment , the best option is to align the front tires, some of the new machines like mine will hook up on the teryx and if the tires are aligned right your wheel would be straight. On the first option depending on how bad it is out of align it could wear your tires bad. You could probally could get it pretty close with just a tape,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts