Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Looks like a cross between a Polaris Ranger and a whale. They really need to look at a redesign of those plastics!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree a company like Honda could have come up with something better looking. I imagine it's well engineered & probably will be dependable & a workhorse, but it's a shame that many potential buyers won't get past that first impression.:confused:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am a big fan of Honda, and was holding out on buying a SXS until Honda released thiers. Needless to say, after seeing the Big Red, I bought a Teryx. Looks are not everything, but that thing is ugly to the bone. It looks like something that you would charge at night for your kid to ride the next day. The tires are way too small for the machine as well. Kymco's SXS looks better than the Honda by far. That is sad.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I have no doubt that it will be very reliable, but you need to make it nice enough for people to even be a little interested in it.

I will be interested to see if anyone releases any new plastics for it...who knows, maybe it looks better in person, but right now...kinda thinking U-G-L-Y

·
Registered
171 Posts
Honda Disappoints...

I never really considered looks before buying my Teryx, but the Honda didn't even make my short list before I bought my Teryx. It isn't nearly as capable. The new Rhinos are even better than the Big Red. I was disappointed, I expected more from them. I am guesssing that they built theirs for work/reliability first, play second, but even then it has so much less power, would you really want to load up the bed or pull anything with it? But I think we are being so critical of it because it's Honda, and they have an excellent track record in other fields. If this was a startup company I don't think we would be half as critical.

However, they DEFINATELY put safety first. Full doors, a net, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts