Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking the engine compartment on my teryx last night and the motor was running and temperature was around 175 deg. I looked into the engine compartment under the drivers side, I noticed the rear cylinder exhaust pipe was red hot. Is this normal? I'm working on upgrading the exhaust but until I do this kind of caused concern because seems like it can catch something on fire. Has anyone seen this cause I'm really changing out the exhaust now?

·
Registered
187 Posts
My Muzzy actually melted a lot of the plastic on the rear of the drivers side. I'm going to wrap the exhaust before I put the motor back in. FYI ... go ahead and spend the $12 on the stator cover while you are doing your exhaust. The stock one WILL melt off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My turns red all the time. Expecially in the winter with the snow n im runnin it to the floor. Itll turn cherry the whole way to the tip. hahaha

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've always been a fan of exhaust wrap (the good stuff, not el cheapo)I'm sure there are detractors as well. It's a nice option to keep temps down under the vehicle, as well as the benefits of reducing the chance of damage to surrounding components. I think the only drawback would be if you dive your machine into wet areas a lot. Out here in the desert ... it's great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts