Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have/had about 75 hrs on my rig and yesterday afternoon the red light came on! I have never had a problem but did run it harder than i ever have so i checked the radiator to make sure it wasn't plugged. Shut it down for a few minutes and let it cool, fired it up and all was fine. We get back to the truck late (9 pm ish) and check the coolant bottle, empty.
After some late night searching on here, I pulled it apart this morning to check all my hose clamps which were all pretty much loose but i don't think that had anything to do with my problem. I had a widowmaker fall on the hood yesterday , didn't realy think anything about it at the time but upon further investigation this morning, the radiator cap was bent as well as the neck of the radiator, i fixed it best i could , topped the coolant and burped it, let it get hot and no sign of a leak. Hopefuly it will be fine as we are heading out again this morning for another day in the mountains.
Just figured i would let people know that this is possible, not very probable but deffinately possible!
thanks to all who post their problems and fixes on here, made searching my problem easy and at least i knew what to look for initialy.
dave

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i rode her hard for about 6.5 hrs today in 75 deg. temps and humid, she performed flawlesly!!
It is true that a lot of good info is obtained here on the internet.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just an FYI...sometimes the circuit breaker will trip for the fan. You'll get the red light as the fan isn't coming on. Under the seat is the breaker, some guys have wired in a bypass switch to control the fan.

·
Registered
23 Posts
does anyone have a picture of this breaker? I have looked for it and been unable to locate it. I assume its identical between 08's and 09's?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have a picture handy but it's right under the drivers seat, above the cdi hooked to the side closest to the outside of the machine, it's in a rubber holder. At least that's where mine is on my 08 base model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
we had the fan fail to turn on before the first ten hours it overheated light came on and almost all the coolant came out. the male female clip going to the breaker for the fan ( under the driver seat) had come unplugged. we were 3hrs out and luckily my husband had the correct coolant to refil on the fly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts