Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles does everyone have on their teryx? I have often wondered how many miles can be put on a factory teryx, if it was taken care of. I have an 08 that has almost 1600 care free miles. I hope to put alot more on it.:93C_peelout[1]:

·
Registered
158 Posts
2009, a couple ticks over 2000

·
Registered
46 Posts
miles

i have 2100 miles 202 hours and still love my teryx wish it was efi i did have trouble getting the secondary clutch off i advise to put some grease on your secondary as soon as possible mine started to rust to the shaft and had to hit the shaft with the nut on the end and pry on the back of clutch to get it off thank god it came off and i never had it wet :good::good::good::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi All Happy New Year!!!!!!!

I have an 08 Teryx with 3700 miles 366 hrs. and still running fine. It uses no oil and I have changed the belt once and getting ready to change it around 4000 miles. I have adjusted the valves 2 times. Feel it is a great car and plan on maybe a 2012 model with hope they have a bit larger engine.:wave:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have 790 miles and 280 hrs. I have only adjusted valves when it was big bored.. Original belt:D Shimmed and adjusted a few times:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never done anything to mine in almost 1600 miles except change oil. Is it a big job to remove the shims on the belt. The last time I had the deflection checked it was just barely over the limit. Still no problems though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Almost 1000 miles before the valves toasted. Now its got a little over 1200

·
Registered
668 Posts
860 miles bone stock. I thought I had over 1200 stock, but found my paperwork that says otherwise.
I switched out stock gauge when I put BB on it.
2600 miles with BB 840 kit.
Stock original belt 3460 miles, no problems.
Adjusted valves 3 times. Once stock, twice since 840.
I did have to replace brake pads also.

3460 miles of hard ass miles, can't believe ain't tore something up yet.;)
I's been trying!:93C_peelout[1]:

I don't believe anything the hour meter says, it is very unreliable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
2009 fi muzzys dalton clutch & overdrive with msd 28 in highlifter radials now .3600 miles three belts and fuel pump went out after one year .I rock climb at Randolph ORV here in Kansas so i'm not easy on my belts or plastics.

·
Registered
116 Posts
7000 miles seems to be the mark to beat so far. Do you know what problems he has had?
I was wrong. It was 8000 miles. Here is his quote and pic:

"Here is our new ride an 08 Teryx with 647hrs and approximately 8000 miles. It has a Rhino tool box, Dalton Clutch kit, Dynatek cdi, dynojet jet kit, warn winch, ITP wheels, top, windshield (not on), rear bumper, CAT driving lights, HID high/low beams, horn and radio. The last owner our friend just had the engine rebuilt with new valves, and I believe new cams. He also gave us the plastic sides for it also."

There friend was pure torture on this machine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts