Teryx HQ banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
what hp with msd, muzzy's, and vfj clutch do you think? this is what i plan on doing to mine as soon as y'all get the msd's tested and ready to go. and how much speed difference would that be?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hunterworks says 67 on the speedo not counting the vfj clutch

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
what hp with msd, muzzy's, and vfj clutch do you think? this is what i plan on doing to mine as soon as y'all get the msd's tested and ready to go. and how much speed difference would that be?
I can't remember what he HP numbers were with the MSD on there but look at the tech article below about the 09 with Muzzy on it.

Tech Article

·
Registered
99 Posts
YES but the speedo is off a good 5 mph so maybe a true speed for Todd 62 and Todd has the msd box on his with dalton clutching and overdrive cover. I think when I get the MSD box maybe 3 to 5 mph more true speed on gps. 61mph plus 3 mph more with msd box maybe 64mph?

·
Registered
526 Posts
buyrite01 do you have the overdrive plate

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have seen 65 on the GPS with my 09 with DASA PC3/Modded BF Ignition, Muzzy's, and Dalton Clutch/OD Cover. I did not look at the speedometer only the max speed on my GPS, due to I was driving on a road which I rarely do.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Thanks! great infoe! 65 true speed on a stock motor WOW!
If yours runs 61 without ignition, then it will easily go as fast as mine.

Well, stock motor, but definitely not stock machine. Redline raised to 9200, Ignition, Fuel controller, UNI Filter, Dalton Clutch and Billet OD Cover, Muzzy's Exhaust and on asphalt in cool weather, it was 62 degrees and less than 20% humidity. Reason I did the run was I wanted to see a best case how fast it would go with the mods I had. Also, something to note is that oil came out of my siphon break and made a mess on top of my engine. When you rev high, you are going to get oil, people who have not, I am not sure why, I have on both my machines. Without the siphon break to dump oil on top of the engine instead of into the air box it would be about 5MPH slower. As soon as the oil hits the intake, it is like cutting the fuel on a diesel, the machine slows down immediately.

When it stops raining, I will do another speed run with my helmet cam to capture it for you guys.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Question for Magellan. I have a 09 teryx and are waiting on the MSD. I have a muzzy already installed and the overdrive plate sitting on the shelf. Once I get the plate and the MSD ignition and I am running say 65 or 67 mph will I get any of this oil coming out of the crank case issue and if so do you only get it burping up if you are the kind of person that just holds it at that high speed. I dont intend on staying at that speed for to long since it just seems to be to fast for a machine with only a stock cage and no 4-point harness.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Question for Magellan. I have a 09 teryx and are waiting on the MSD. I have a muzzy already installed and the overdrive plate sitting on the shelf. Once I get the plate and the MSD ignition and I am running say 65 or 67 mph will I get any of this oil coming out of the crank case issue and if so do you only get it burping up if you are the kind of person that just holds it at that high speed. I dont intend on staying at that speed for to long since it just seems to be to fast for a machine with only a stock cage and no 4-point harness.
Well, most people who raise the RPM REV limit DO get the oil. There are a few who say they do not, but I have on both my 08 and 09. All it took was a CDI to raise the limit on the 08 and the DASA Ignition/Fuel Controller on the 09 and I had oil on both machines. Due to the design, I am not sure how they could possibly not get the oil if they turn enough RPM. With Ignition, I can get the oil in L range as well as high, but again, some people say they do not get it.

I rarely hold the machine wide open for long periods either as I ride mostly trails, but I did hold it wide open for a couple miles each way on the road for speed test runs like the one I describe above.

Also, the plate will get you speed, but it is the RPM increase that gets your oil. So in other words, even without the plate if you do some top end runs you will most likely get the oil. From my experience, it is RPM not speed, like I mentioned, I can get the oil in L with my current setup. I don't really pay that much attention to the speedo, but I have a recording on my laptop from the PC3 that I am pretty sure showed 8500, 67% Injector Duty Cycle and it was showing 43 on the speedo in L range and I got oil on that run for the first time.

·
Registered
526 Posts
So where do i need to look out for the oil? In air box or on the top of the motor. Have you seen that catch can that is out there, if so what do you think of that as a fix?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The oil accumulates in your airbox.

Here is part one of the video I shot showing the oil and how to tell if you have it. There is a part 2 that shows the installation of the siphon break. It works OK but it can belch oil out the top. On my 09 I installed a small tank like this one in the video but put shorter hoses on it and a different filter and it has belched oil out already on my last ride, so, I think a larger tank is probably better than the small white plastic one, and I will relocate it higher up like my 08 install in the video.

This video shows the oil, then watch the beginning of part 2 and you can see the siphon break install. Again I would probably go for the larger tank that is black and needs a bracket to hold it. Lots of people sell them.

YouTube - UTVMAGE's Channel

1 - 18 of 18 Posts