Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading in my owners manual that to properly break it in I should only ride it at half throttle for the first 20km or so. Will it hurt anything if I didn't do that?

·
Registered
526 Posts
dont know did mine the same hope i didnt hurt anything

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I go by another theory, run it easy for about 30 minutes then ride it like you stole it.

There is a theory out there that you speed up and let the engine do the braking. The braking forces the rings into the cylinder walls which breaks them in. The guy who came up with this says the cross hatching in the cylinder only last so long and if you don't get the rings broke in before it is gone then they won't ever break in.

So when I build a engine I drive slow and easy for about 30 min or so then do a good bit of speeding up and slowing down for a couple days and then just go for it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
warm it up, and drive the hell out of it!

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I go by another theory, run it easy for about 30 minutes then ride it like you stole it.

There is a theory out there that you speed up and let the engine do the braking. The braking forces the rings into the cylinder walls which breaks them in. The guy who came up with this says the cross hatching in the cylinder only last so long and if you don't get the rings broke in before it is gone then they won't ever break in.

So when I build a engine I drive slow and easy for about 30 min or so then do a good bit of speeding up and slowing down for a couple days and then just go for it.
EXACTLY...MotoMan style...I break in EVERYTHING this way...:D

·
Registered
983 Posts
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT ...... J/K ... well kinda. I am with hunterworks and Sandjunkie. Warm it up ... then hard acceleration and let it decelerate. I do that a few times then let it cool. I then repeat that about 5 times. The biggest key is to not let the car get too hot IMO. Once you have done that drive the chit out of it .... just dont over heat it. The Teryx has big time overheating issues. This is why we have now become a distributor for PWR radiators .... These oversized PRW radiators hold 500cc more then the stock radiator,they are also 12mm thicker, include a larger fan shroud and a new high flow fan. Not to mention the stock radiator is a single pass radiator and the PWR is a dual pass ..... so this radiator will REALLY help keep the teryx cool. PM me for some KILLER DEALS ON A PWR RADIATOR.

TERYXpwr.gif

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts