Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everybody. I am happy to share a video I shot of installing a Dalton Industries Teryx Clutch Kit and Overdrive Clutch Cover. I have test driven and I LOVE IT!!

First video is "What's is in the box".

Part 1 - Gaining access to your CVT.

Part 2 - Installing the Dalton Industries Clutch Kit and Overdrive Clutch Cover

Stay tuned for part 3 of the install and testing in the woods. Coming soon.

Thanks for watching!!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Excellent video, looking forward to the others as well!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for watching guys. Part 1 is uploading to youtube right now... er I mean will be to youtube for processing in a few hours.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parts 1 and 2 are online. I hope you enjoy and also that you see just how easy this upgrade is to install!! It was simple and the end riding result I am VERY pleased with!!! Now just gotta get a cameraman who can hold on tight to the machine and the camera at the same time to share the AWESOME performance results.... may take a few days... :)

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
My friend, you did a great job on these, I cannot imagine how many people this is going to help out!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fascinating "how to" info for a newbie like me who hasn't even taken the cover off yet! I'm nominating you for an Emmy!

Hope to see the belt deflection adjustment in your final episode!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fascinating "how to" info for a newbie like me who hasn't even taken the cover off yet! I'm nominating you for an Emmy!

Hope to see the belt deflection adjustment in your final episode!
Thank you very much. <blush>

I can make the removing a shim video sometime but I don't really have to adjust my deflection. I removed the thin shim and so far my EPI for 49 hours stayed within specs. It is a little tight at first, but after about 10 or 15 hours it reached a size and stayed there. I just installed a factory Kawasaki belt and we will see how it goes with it. Same thing, I just left the thin shim out and it is a little bit tight until it breaks in but still within factory specs.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys, I wanted to follow-up a little on the clutch kit. I LOVE it. Even my wife says it is a huge improvement over stock. The engagement is positive and it stays engaged MUCH better. I have to get someone to film riding with me to show you just how good it is. No chirping or chattering of the belt anymore whatsoever. Back shifting is WAY smoother with no slippage at all. Easy to engage the clutch positively without jerking or bucking. I am still learning, the engagement RPM is a little higher, but it can be engaged silky smooth with no jerk if you work the pedal right. Thats in forward or reverse either one, BIG improvement guys!

If I had it all to do over, this clutch kit and cover would be the first thing I got after the CDI and HW Carb kit. Thank you very much for recommending this kit Todd. I absolutely love it. Thank you Dale and Dalton Industries!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts