Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Do a search on snorkles. Cost is about $25.00 and a trip to Home Depot/Lowes and about an 1 1/2 hours of your time. Fairly simple to do

·
Registered
207 Posts
snorkle

What is the easiest way to snorkle the teryx?
Hawk , I was waiting for High Lifter to come out with a kit. I am afraid I may miss a breather line somewhere. Plus , what if anything should be done about the CVT breather tube ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Instrustions on snorkel

Are there a easy way to snorkel the exhaust on the cv belt. got the intake for the cv done. real simple. Cant figure out how to do the exhaust for the cv. Does the intake need to be snorkeled? Dont plane on getting that deep I hope. I dont want to affect the performance. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Do a search for Belt Housing Snorkle. Lovak6 made up a parts list and pictures of what he did to snorkel his Teryx. This is how I did mine with one exception, I used a 2" rubber boot on the cvt intake to the belt cover(it offers more clamping surface than the stock boot). It is fairly simple to do, the only hard part is stretching the boot over the exhaust outlet of the belt cover. This requires a lot of straining, knuckle busting, and a fair amount of cursing. It also helps to have the boot fairly warm when installing with a little dishwashing soap smeared around the inside lip).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What size boot did you get for the exhaust. I saw a 3" to 2" at lowes I thought that would work. I molded all of my pipe for the intake it turned out nice. I used a torch to soften up my pipe then weaved it through I did use the but to contect it to the intake. having problems with the exhaust. Did you run it by your passanger seat? and what size boot?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I believe a 3" to 2" is what I used. The Teryx is in the shop getting the valves adjusted so I cant look at it. Yes the snorkel does come out behind the passenger seat and I set the heighth a few inches below the back of the seat.

·
Registered
293 Posts
my first try i used a 3-2 on the exhaust,but never seemed to fit right.im now running a cut down 4-2 with no problems

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have this kinda like screwdriver. Craftman sells it. It's called a cotter pin extractor, part number 4319 B WF. I put my 3X2 rubber in a pan of boiling water, put on a pair of gloves and with this tool, put it right on the exhaust hole. Put the clamp on it and let it cool by air. No fighting with the boot....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Don't forget about your front diff, cooling fan & 4wd actuator breathers. I missed the fan breather fan motor got packed with mud and stopped, was able to get it cleaned out but ruined 1/2 day of riding. Rear diff and gas tank seem OK in the rollbar.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Boiling water is the best way to stretch it. I did mine with a heat gun and it was still a PITA. Just did my buddies using the water, went on like butter. As soon as you take it out of the water, put it on. Here is a link to mine. The only difference is that i now only have one tube in the middle. If you have any question, shoot me a PM.
My snorkel mock-up..... - Kawasaki Teryx Forum

·
Registered
25 Posts
does any one have a drawing of where and how to snorkle all the vent lines. I want to make sure that I have them all done. I read all the time about be sure and do this and that, but there are no digrams, oh I have a 08 teryx also. If anybody has anything please e-mail it to me @ [email protected] Thanks guys

·
383 Posts
Speaking from personnal experience, I have come to the conclussion that unless you plan on riding exclusively in water it is better to take your chances from flooding the clutch than it is to snorkel it. From the issues I have had with my machine I am thinking that the belt gets way to hot when running a CVT exhaust snorkel, thus leading to belt failure. I had snorkels on both of my machines but am currently in the process of removing them and going back to factory.

These pics are from my last incident and it caused some damage this time (broken cooling fins on primary). Previous belt failure was worse, disintegrated belt (no pieces bigger than an inch by an inch) and all bunged up inside the snorkel but no damage otherwise. Like I said with a 4" to 2" rubber adapter I don't think the CVT can run cool enough. Try holding your hand over the exhaust snorkel and see how long it takes to burn it. It could just be me or my driving style or the weight of my machine but I have changed my opinion on CVT snorkels and it is no longer a favourable one.

Just my experiences and opinion, take it for what it's worth. :wave:

I welcome any one else's opinion on this subject, as I would like to see if I am alone or others have had the same experiences with CVT snorkels.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts