Teryx HQ banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this board but I've been a fan of the Teryx since I first laid eyes on it. I'll try to keep ya'll updated with my progress as I build mine up. I'm also very quiet so i'll try to speak when I've got something going on.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hi there my friend, great to have you with us, we look forward to seeing you around often!

Feel free to upload pictures of your Teryx into the Main Index - Kawasaki Teryx Media Gallery

What are your plans for your Teryx as far as mods? Where do you normally ride?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey welcome to TeryxHQ. I was also very quiet until this site. I have more posts here than on sites where I have been a member for years. Something about this site just makes it easy. Can't wait to see what you do to your Teryx.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Teryx build plans

As of today I plan to do the following since I'm into adventure driving.

Funco Suspension
Funco Cage with aluminum roof
Spare tire mount
PCI Icom VHF radio with intercom and Ipod capable
Jet Trim seats
4 point harness
Lower seats 1-1.5 inches
Winch
Thinking about Gibson exhaust ( I don't want a packable system)
Dragonfire Ignition, mirrors etc
Jet Kit
OMF wheels with beadlocks
Maxxis or ITP tires (after I wear out the stockers)
Supply storage compartments in bed
Baja Designs Fuego A-Pillar mounted lights
Aux battery

I'm sure there will be more as the project moves on

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome sounds like ya have a big project ahead ...good luck..

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wow all that cool stuff I am sure you are going to add gps. Sounds like a great desert toy will it ever see Glamis? With all of these southwest people we need to start planning a baja trip.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Sounds like a great project, a lot of really nice products you listed there. I do have a question, not to talk down or anything, I just have not known of anyone who has run the Dragonfire CDI, am I correct in my understanding that it is in fact a rebranded VDI? Was there a reason you chose that over say a Dynatek box? Not questioning your decision, just trying to educate myself. :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
I think I read something similar that there are only two cdi's dynatech and vdi. Everybody else just relabels not sure how much of this is true. Also how would you know what one you really had.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like a great project, a lot of really nice products you listed there. I do have a question, not to talk down or anything, I just have not known of anyone who has run the Dragonfire CDI, am I correct in my understanding that it is in fact a rebranded VDI? Was there a reason you chose that over say a Dynatek box? Not questioning your decision, just trying to educate myself. :)
Well, I suppose It might be a rebranded VDI but the customer service at Dragonfire has been first rate and I plan to continue to shop there when the need comes up. I don't have it yet but I do plan a day of testing in the desert when I get some of this stuff.

As for the previous question about a GPS, yes it will have one. I ordered all the stuff from PCI Race Radios in LB and will be installing soon.

Glamis? Heck yea! I'm event thinking about some early summer night runs once I get my lights done. You know, sleep all day ride /drive all night!

Baja? I think I'm staying away from Baja until they get some of their own issues settled. My good friends were robbed in Mexicali on their way down to San Felipe.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Baja?

BAJA is perfect for side by sides unfortunately it is a very dangerous place to be with all the crime. With that being said,I would say that BAJA is like a big adventure. I used to prerun and race down there and I would say that Baja is some of the best offroading out there. Mikes sky ranch and the ride along the coast from Santo Tomas to Mikes is unbelievable where else can you drive along the coast the way California was 80 years ago, undeveloped. 90 minute from the border. The Mikes area is perfect, lots of trees almost like Big Bear. It has banked berms, the dirt is tacky it's awesome. Every off roader should experience that section once in their life. I've heard that there are organized runs down there for side by sides. My only concern would be what would I do if I broke a belt in the middle of nowwhere? Does anyone know how to replace a belt on the trail? Can it be done? Well it probably doesn't matter because it's going to be too dangerous down there for the next few years.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have read all of the negative thoughts on Mexico and can't agree more. I would love to go but am hoping they do something to make it a little safer down there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts