Teryx HQ banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I use mine in the desert and trail riding when we go camping. Machine is a little too loud to do any sort of hunting with. I would actually love to be able to have one for the dunes / desert and then another to have for hunting and camping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Coyote hunting

Hey,
I use mine for coyote hunting. Would like to be able to put on some kind of silencer, like the Benz silent rider to quiet it down a bit but haven't found one yet. Yesterday was going about 10 mph and jumped a coyote which ran in front of me for a while. Shot at it with my pistol but, needless to say, I missed. Interesting!!!!! :rolleyes: I ride and hunt mostly in the desert and plan to hit the mountains and see if I can scare up more coyotes on maybe a feral hog this summer.
Bill

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use mine for scouting mostly and camping. I don't hunt big game from my buggie. I use it to get farther into the backcountry...then hoof it from there. I just got back form a coyote hunt this weekend and had a blast even though we didn't get anything. We had 20-40mph winds so it was hard to call and be heard. Plus the 20 degree high's made it tough to make sets and stay there with the wind chill. A little cold in the 08 Teryx carb model for that so we trailered it more that I would have liked.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i use mine for scouting and getting the kill out and thats it. after riding this winter and having snow dumped on me. i think in will be in my toyota. but i have seen alot of game just stand there and look at me while i drive buy. i love it when a grouse just sitts and looks at me. they are tasty

·
Registered
207 Posts
i use mine for scouting and getting the kill out and thats it. after riding this winter and having snow dumped on me. i think in will be in my toyota. but i have seen alot of game just stand there and look at me while i drive buy. i love it when a grouse just sitts and looks at me. they are tasty
Check out Shock Pros enclosed cab. Keeps the snow out and the engine heat in .

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry , they go by 2 names. The cabs are under ( Shockpros.com ). Then click on the PR products. The material they use wears like iron. The rear cab cover & window go the whole way over and velcro to the windshield for a wind proof seal. Then if it warms up , take you door windows off and put the window nets on . Nice system.

·
Registered
66 Posts
4x4dad. thank you for the info i will deffenatly check that out.

BAJAPIMPN: if you ever have a long week i would recomend checking out the bowhemain mines up steamboat. they also have the noonday trail system that is pretty cool and just alot of other cool trails. i went there last summer it is a good time.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Your welcome . Ask for Garrett , tell him Rick from Pennsylvania sent ya. He'll give you a better price on the cab pieces if you buy all the parts as a package. Good luck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Glad I could help a fellow hunter.
Only one thing. Garret is a nice guy and wiill provide you with a good product , but the windshield & tubing in the doors are made by a subcontractor . Sometimes it takes a while for him to get all your pieces together. If you decide to order from him , do so at least a month before you actually need it. Other than that , I'm sure you'll be happy with the cab.

Oh yah , to protect my soft top from branches here in Pa. . I placed my hard top back over the soft top. Seems to work pretty good.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've been going to Deer camp for 20+ years in Upper Mich and always used my Mule in camp. Hauling fire wood, hauling stands, getting to and from my deer blind, etc. Now that I have a new Teryx I'll do the same, well maybe not haul as much wood. An ATV/UTV are very useful for a hunting vehicle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.