Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Teryx used a few weeks ago. First order of business was getting rid of the K&N, so I ordered one from HunterWorks.

I recieved an email stating there was a small delay due to the distributor supplying the incorrect parts. I had forgot to order the UNI cleaning kit anyway, so I asked if it was possible to include it with my order, as they already had my billing information.

HunterWorks sent the UNI cleaning kit at no charge, due to the delay in processing my order.

If more companies had that kind of customer service, well.....suffice to say I appreciate it, and you have a new customer. :)

S.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I bought my Teryx used a few weeks ago. First order of business was getting rid of the K&N, so I ordered one from HunterWorks.

I recieved an email stating there was a small delay due to the distributor supplying the incorrect parts. I had forgot to order the UNI cleaning kit anyway, so I asked if it was possible to include it with my order, as they already had my billing information.

HunterWorks sent the UNI cleaning kit at no charge, due to the delay in processing my order.

If more companies had that kind of customer service, well.....suffice to say I appreciate it, and you have a new customer. :)

S.
We sent you a cleaning kit free? I'm gonna whip Amber!! LOL

Thanks for the comments. We ordered the right filters but UNI sent wrong ones they have done this twice, no big deal but causes a delay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
LOL, now you done went and got her in trouble. I ordered one of the UNI filter adapter kits, and the customer service was awesome.

I would like to make one suggestion, if you flattened one side of the outside ring to sit flush with the airbox lid it wouldn't require the hole to be oval. I sealed mine with RTV sealer, and did a very careful cut around the hole but still had to lower it. My Rex is a 2011, so maybe the 08 fits better.

It was still a topnotch piece. A+++ experience, and thinking about ordering a winch from you guys, too.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
LOL, now you done went and got her in trouble. I ordered one of the UNI filter adapter kits, and the customer service was awesome.

I would like to make one suggestion, if you flattened one side of the outside ring to sit flush with the airbox lid it wouldn't require the hole to be oval. I sealed mine with RTV sealer, and did a very careful cut around the hole but still had to lower it. My Rex is a 2011, so maybe the 08 fits better.

It was still a topnotch piece. A+++ experience, and thinking about ordering a winch from you guys, too.
I don't understand why you need to cut the hole oval?

As for sealing it with RTV, not real need unless you get in water that deep. The air is filtered with the billet set up no matter where it comes from.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have bought a few small things from Todd but his help has been a great help. I will be ordering my valves and springs from him real shortly. He has even talked me through a problem while I was in the desert again great customer service.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I don't understand why you need to cut the hole oval?

As for sealing it with RTV, not real need unless you get in water that deep. The air is filtered with the billet set up no matter where it comes from.
Thats the same thing I tried to tell my buddy Todd, once you use the billet adapter it don't matter about the seal on the air box all it really does is support the air filter, air from outside the air box or inside it still goes through the filter, thats the whole purpose of the adapter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
^^^I agree the air is filtered so it technically was not needed to seal the box up...UNLESS I go through water that deep...which is quite possible when riding through creek crossings. I'll post a picture if you need it.

Great product, however...the circle ring adapters outside most diameter when centered in the existing hole would not work because it hit the top beveled edge of the airbox. In order to get the adapter ring to sit flush against the box, it needed to be shifted down the box about another 1/8 to 1/4" inch which subsequently causes the hole to be "out of round" if you prefer??

Only an issue if you are trying to keep the airbox "sealed" up to the stock height. I hope that clears up what I was stating.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I understand exactly what you are saying about the seal, when it really becomes important is when the box is snorkeled, not near as important stock since the stock intake is just a couple of inches above that seal, It has been a while since I installed the billet adapter on mine I got from Todd but I guess I got lucky because I just held mine up to the box were it looked like it needed to go and I marked it, cut the hole stuck it in and marked the holes to drill and mine fit great without having to oval shape the hole, I guess I was just lucky.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
^^^I agree the air is filtered so it technically was not needed to seal the box up...UNLESS I go through water that deep...which is quite possible when riding through creek crossings. I'll post a picture if you need it.

Great product, however...the circle ring adapters outside most diameter when centered in the existing hole would not work because it hit the top beveled edge of the airbox. In order to get the adapter ring to sit flush against the box, it needed to be shifted down the box about another 1/8 to 1/4" inch which subsequently causes the hole to be "out of round" if you prefer??

Only an issue if you are trying to keep the airbox "sealed" up to the stock height. I hope that clears up what I was stating.
I have no idea what your talking about, I have only installed it on a 08 and 09 model though. Can you take a pic and email it to me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a new 2011 Teryx a couple months ago, and was wondering which air filter is best for my rex.I don't have any experience with UTV'S.So any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I bought a new 2011 Teryx a couple months ago, and was wondering which air filter is best for my rex.I don't have any experience with UTV'S.So any help would be appreciated.
Best is always hard to answer.

Stock on can let dirty air by

K&N do in fact let dirt pass

I like the UNI filters and we have a billet adapter to mount a clamp on UNI on plus we have the filter and cleaning kit as well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts