Teryx HQ banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I plan on getting some sort of exhaust and some sort of different air filter at some point (Not K&N) will this still work well with it?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grizz,

We had plans to be already testing different exhaust until I broke my foot and ankle so it has me behind and when we get done we will have settings for our system for that. I am pretty sure all it will be is a different needle clip position and larger mains.

Uni has filters now for the Teryx and we have some on the way here now, this would the only thing I would change as far as the intake is concerned.

To answer you question, if you follow our recommendations then yes and yes.

Todd

·
Registered
242 Posts
sweet, you seem like the best guy to do biz with and all your testing and facts to back it up are refreshing from shops that just want to sell some other unproven stuff :)

I like proof! You will profit from it too! Is there any codes for forum discounts or anything?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Todd, I do have a question regarding the jets in the kit. is it just one main jet or a series of them? or? How do is the kit based on any changes, ie: CDI or exhaust? I come from being pretty good at jetting, mainly on 2 strokes though and my jet box is pretty extensive.

I guess I have always laughed at people who bought a "jet kit" instead of a handful of jets and dialed it in that way. Seemed like that fashion was the best for getting the most performance.

Most of my riding will be done at around 300-3000 feet, but when I do the dunes on the Oregon coast it is damp cool air so that has a big impact on jetting. Once a year we go to St. Anthony Idaho, where it is warmer, drier and about 5100' elevation. Now using the TPI valves I could just leave them closed all the time and open them there but that seems like it defeats the purpose of the jet kit to get a bit more air in, to be able to put more fuel in for more performance. Should I just consider planning to rejet when I go there? I want to get a good all around increase in power, not just top speed, although in the dunes you tend to run to the metal all the time anyway...

·
Registered
293 Posts
ive came from the same background jaybo.mine has been with drag yfz's with bored carbs,running e85 to straight alky tuning by myself.i bought todds kit and have it installed and it works pretty good.it comes with a series of jets for stock pipe and different altitdues as well as adjustable needles and tpi valves,and different springs

·
Registered
242 Posts
ive came from the same background jaybo.mine has been with drag yfz's with bored carbs,running e85 to straight alky tuning by myself.i bought todds kit and have it installed and it works pretty good.it comes with a series of jets for stock pipe and different altitdues as well as adjustable needles and tpi valves,and different springs
so you noticed the increase? How would you compare it to stock? I'm going to do the CDI and the jetting at the same time and all I have done so far with the exhaust is put a stainless tip on it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i noticed the increase with my 28's on it,havent got to go ride with my stockers on it,but around the yard it feels pretty spunky.i would do the cdi and ride it around for awhile and get used to that(big change),then put the carb kit in

·
Registered
121 Posts
Todd, I read what Jaybo & puddle jumper just wrote & it makes sense for someone like them (previous experience with jetting), but, in my case I have zero experience along those lines. And, with no experience, tools, or shop I had best leave it to my dealer during the 20 hr inspection. But, I was wondering if I could easily install the CDI & do the "air jet" mod to the air box in advance & run it that way until service time & have them do the rejetting. Also, since it runs fine now, will changes to air box & addition of the CDI necessarily require a change in jets, or maybe I'd just want the dealer to add weaker springs from the kit & leave the jets as they are? I'm thinking I won't be that lucky, but the less the dealer has to do, the less it will cost me. Hope I've explained this OK. I have plenty of time as I have only 5.8 hours on, so no hurry in getting back to me

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
There are a series of jets depending on what elevation you are included. I don't recommend any jet in the kit for an exhaust yet but they are included for future use once we test a system or two.

The TPI valves in my kit are not there to change elevations. For that I would recommend adding one more and leave it closed until you go to higher elevations.

The dial-a-jet is a good product but it is made for a stock air box and stock engine

Todd

1 - 18 of 18 Posts