Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The big thing for me has been to lock out the CVT for testing and there apparently is no way to lock this CVT and start the vehicle. I won't go into details but it simply can't be done and you don't know how much I hate it.

It is equivalent to having a manual transmission car with the clutch out and you can't start it with the key except in neutral and when you do it in gear the wheels try to turn so you have to push it off and you can't push it off on the dyno.

I won't even tell you the things I did to try to do it, it involved a ATV on a forklift with tires touching tires.

We will have to test the normal way but at least I will be 100% fair and equal. No exhaust gets a favored test result. I will be checking jetting along the way too.

Todd

·
Registered
293 Posts
do you already have the muzzy? what did the stock setup do?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Todd, Sorry to hear about the problems. At the risk of sounding dumb (again), I always heard upper 20's for hp at the rear wheels, so was wondering is the 32 at the crank? If it's at the wheels, it sounds a lot stronger than what I was led to believe.

·
Registered
293 Posts
im sure its at the wheels,i think they are 45 at the crank

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turtle a bone stock one is 27 hp but mine has a CDI, my carb kit and no exhaust tip.

The point of starting there is a exhaust is the logical next step. I don't think anyone has a bone stock with no cdi and a exhaust, I might be wrong though.

Like when I do some testing on cams later, it will an addition to what is already on there.

By the way that is at the wheels.

Actually when I was doing the carb testing I was at 33 plus HP but with different temps and moisture levels it changed some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts