Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gosh I hate to do this, trust me and I hate to admit what the problem was.

The loaded test for the Gibson and Stock are right but the other three are wrong.

I took the AC back off and put the HMF on for final jetting changes and so forth. I was trying to put a 60 % load on it and it just would not work right. The computer said the load control was on but there was no resistance. I could not figure it out.

Dang I hate to say this, between the time I did the loaded test for the stock and Gibson I unplugged the electrical cord going to the load control or the retarder. So the loaded test for the HMF, Muzzy and AC were not accurate, they were simply normal dyno runs that started at 10 mph instead of 5 and therefore the results are different because of the starting point.

Now I am going to redo the HMF and Muzzy but not the AC. I didn't like the AC, it did not do well at all on the normal runs, it was way too loud and it didn't fit anyway.

I already retested the HMF and the graph is much more normal looking now, it still beats the stock and Gibson as I thought it would. The jetting is done for it now too and all I had to do was turn the mixture screw out one complete turn otherwise the jetting and needle positions are the same as our jet kit instructions say for a stock pipe.

The air/fuel ratio curve stays within 12.5 and 13.5 all the way thru at a 60 % load except at one spot and that is at 7 mph it jumps up above 14. There is no way I know to fix that without messing up the whole range.

Tomorrow I will pull the HMF back off for the final time and install the muzzy.

Sorry I let you guys down!! I guess I better call Muzzy and tell them to take that 12 HP gain info off their site.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Way to stand behind your test Todd...you let no one down, you just reiterated your integrity!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not all vendors would respond like Todd has. They don't have the balls too. That type of honesty will always win out in the long run.

BTW Todd, does that thing have an off/on switch as well? :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
No on off switch for the laod control per say. I must have needed the plug for something.

By the way the AC Racing exhaust the DragonFire Racing are one in the same with DFR's decal on it.
glad i saw this...i saw a good deal on the dragonfire and was thinking about going that way...guess i beter keep saving for the muzzy.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Todd I like the stuff I have heard about the muzzy. Was wonderind if you have had anyone put this system on an 09 yet and id so did it mess with the EFI. When I get ready to buy I will be buy from HW.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
The 08 Muzzys will work on the 09's. The only difference is that the 09 model Muzzys has the bung in the collector pipe versus one in each of the head pipes like the 08's.

As for messing with the fuel injection, not sure about that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts