Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to drag this post out for several posts but decided if you guys could get your hands on me you might choke me.

The sound level test was 92db at test rpm and when you gouged on it, it ran up to 104db. I didn't do that with the stock or gibson. What I can tell you is this system sounds really good.

Now to the part you guys have been waiting on, peak HP was 36.32 HP over stock without tip of rigt at 4hp and over stock with tip about 6.5 HP.

The loaded test is where I got my big surprise and I am glad I came up with this test, there was a huge difference. Peak HP there was 34.56 HP over 22.68 HP for stock with no tip. I thought I forgot to turn the load control on but I didn't. The loaded test gain was right at 12hp.

What you can see by looking at the chart is with the Muzzy the extra power started coming in right around 15 mph with the stock and Gibson coming in a little later.

Please don't go run out and buy a Muzzy just yet. We have two more systems to check out first.

I still believe the HMF two into one is going to be the winner but I might be wrong.

I still don't like where the pipes run and they really need header wrap and the plastic cover on the engine needs to be replaced with metal. So al lthis makes for a rather expensive system and troublesome.

On jetting, once again I didn't have to re jet from what I use as baseline jetting in the HW carb/intake kit. I think the two TPI valves and jetting are pretty good for our elevation.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can but it won't mean much as the air/fuel as it is on the dyno jumps around on the print out. I have to watch it and you have to learn where fuel is coming from.

My point is if you hold the throttle wide open you would thik all the fuel is coming for the most part from the main jet only but not until you build up enough vacuum to open the slide.

On wide open throttle at near top speed we were bouncing between 12.5 and 13

Todd

·
Registered
293 Posts
looks good,what the 4th exhaust your going to test?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I figured you would get these results, I said 15 and was pretty close. I can tell you that today against a CR250, 3 tricked out with Yoshi and HMF systems EX400's, A polaris killer FI 500 red with white speedo fancy as hell and my own Vinson, my Teryx AMAZED all the people there on the hill climbs. Man I LOVE the setup with the Muzzy's, WAY better than stock as your numbers suggest. The CR250 would not even try the hills we went up multiple times.

I believe 100% your dyno results, the difference is really amazing. Yea it is loud, on the trail it may be a saety feature, and I was still one of the most quiet on the trail today.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Before you pull the Muzzy off Todd, can you do a dyno run with an aftermarket CDI on a performace setting please.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Todd, are you planning on doing more tests on the slip-ons? I am sure there are alot of people like me, who would like a little better performance and sound without spending $700 to $800 on a exhaust system. I think it is great that you are doing this kind of testing, not too many vendors would go out of their way to actually test the products they sell.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
When we got back to the parking lot, I did a few donuts on the paved parking lot and it really flipped out the dudes on EX400's. The thing is so sweet once you get to whatever power level I am at. Very much more fun to drive.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLRIGHT TODD!!!!!! I have been waiting for this day, and I just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. Just like DougS had requested I would also be interested in a reading with a performance timing curve. Todd I believe that there will be an exhaust that produces more peak hp than the muzzy, which would more than likely be a true dual, but I feel that muzzy has created an amazing system that is untouchable for the hp gains while maintaining a tollerable db rating. I think that I speak for more than just myself when saying I'd rather have good power with a tuff/aggressive sound than having good power with and annoying/ear numbing sound. Thanks again Todd for your dedication and hardwork for your customers.:clap:

·
Registered
61 Posts
When we got back to the parking lot, I did a few donuts on the paved parking lot and it really flipped out the dudes on EX400's. The thing is so sweet once you get to whatever power level I am at. Very much more fun to drive.
Magellan, I can't recall what you've done to yours... ? I know you've got the Muzzys, jet kit & CDI, but I don't recall what else you might of done.

HunterW, Thanks for all of the testing. I'll be purchasing some stuff from your company simply for the efforts you're making.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Magellan, I can't recall what you've done to yours... ? I know you've got the Muzzys, jet kit & CDI, but I don't recall what else you might of done.

HunterW, Thanks for all of the testing. I'll be purchasing some stuff from your company simply for the efforts you're making.
HW Kit with TPI's in airbox
UNI Element
Dynatek CDI
Muzzy's System
WER Shocks
Power Steering
Stick Stoppers
Skid plates
Winch
EPI Belt with thin shim removed since new. 38 hours so far and STRONG!

More Backyard fun today with the WER shocks dialed in over 30+ miles on trails and hills today in TN.
http://events.helifreak.com/teryx/Ithinkiminlove.wmv

Tuned with F/A Ratio Meter from HW. :) WE's from UTVCrap. Thanks Todd and Nick!!

That's it but VERY butt dyno'd performance.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doug and Terror,

All these test are done with a advanced timing curve, the same one that comes in the programmable Dyna when you buy it from us.

The base test was done with that curve, our carb kit and no exhaust tip, the only thing that has been changed is the exhaust. I have not even moved it off the dyno to do the work because I don't want how tight the hold down straps are to skew the results.

I thought I would be doing a install video for these exhaust but it is just not practical as my Teryx has hardly any plastic at all on it, no skid plate and no bed.

You guys might think we are going to a lot of trouble to test these exhaust pipes but we do everything we sell that way. We test or install it first so we know whether it is good stuff or not and how to put it on so we can support you after the sale. Of course the items that our own get a really tough test first.

Remember our motto, " We don't Suck" LOL!!!

I'm sure my opinion is very biased but I have always thought that anyone who sells stuff that does not do anything or does not know it does nothing is not a good place to buy no matter how cheap it might be there and of course a lot of these guys can sell it cheaper than us, but they don't have a $30,000 dyno to make payments on and we don't do dyno work for anybody but ourselves on our own products or perspective products.

I promise you good customer service and support cost, period!! Hint!! Hint!!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Todd, if you space out the heat shield on front Headpipe #2, you may not need the header wrap or the metal cover to keep the plastic from melting, but not sure. I have the coated pipes from Muzzy's now but no wrap and since I spaced out the heat shield 3/16 from the headpipe, no melting at all of the plastic in over 30 miles of HARD core trail driving.

Thanks again for all the testing info, can't wait to see how the other two systems come in on the load test.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Todd, question are the stock dyno pulls from a completely stock
teryx meaning stock exhaust with baffle and stock jetting and no
airbox mods and even a stock CDI??? just wondering if this would
changes numbers also.

Todd

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Totall stock is 27 peak. I'm comparing it as you would modify it, meaning. Most people put a CDI on first and that gives them some, they remove the stock tip and that gives some then some people buy our carb kit which adds more. The next logical step in power is an exhaust so all lthe previous mods have already been done so you can get just a difference with a aftermarket exhaust over the other mods.

Todd

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was at Hart's Rhino Motorsports yesterday and saw a Muzzy system on a teryx they had just put on. It wasn't jetted completely yet, but the sound is awesome. Took a quick video of it so you can get some idea about sound levels.

The setup I saw had two different heat shields on it. One is around the pipe near the plastic cover, and the other is the bent/flat aluminum in the center/left part of the picture.

·
Registered
293 Posts
which jets from your kit are you running todd?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts