Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got time to do the HMF full system which is a two into one system. I though it would be the overall winner but the Muzzy still edges it out.

This system is much quieter under load than the Muzzy and cost about $100 less.

You don't get the cool factor as you do with the duals but it is a good system none the less.

The db readings are 92db at 6000 RPM and 102db under load.

Max power with the HMF was 34.91 with the Muzzy at 36.32 whick is about a 1.4 hp difference and the loaded test was less than 1 hp at 33.69 compared to 34.56 hp with the muzzy.

In my opinion you would not be able to tell the difference in power between the HMF and Muzzy.

Hopefully tomorrow we can get the AC Racing true dual test done.

The two dyno charts are below

Normal dyno run

The 25% load test

·
Registered
293 Posts
is that the swamp series hmf? pretty hard to beat the muzzy.i still cant believe how crappy the gibson or any slip on does

·
Registered
36 Posts
Was this the Swamp Series or the Swamp Series XL? I email HMF about both of these systems and they replied stating that the Swamp XL Series is 102-104db and the other Swamp Series is 94db. They also said that they make almost the same power it's just the Swamp Series is quiet.

Read below:

"Question: What is the Db level of the 08' Teryx Swamp XL Series: Full System? I live and ride in areas that require lower db's but I want the power of an aftermarket exhaust.

Answer: 102-104db I would go with the swamp series. The only difference between the Swamp and the Swamp XL is the Swamp Series is quiet. The both make almost the same power. The Swamp series is around 94db.

Question2: Just to get this straight....The standard Swamp Series is around 94db and the XL is 102-104....but both the XL and the standard series have around a 6-7hp gain over the stock exhaust as the dyno chart shows?
Thanks again.

Answer: Yes they both make around the same HP the Swamp is going to give you more low end power because its a chambered exhaust. The XL will give you a bit more top end power because it has a straight through core design."

Todd, I hope that you're testing the XL series as there's some truth to the standard Swamp Series only being 94db's. I would pay for this as I want to stay as close to the stock db level...but like everyone else, I want more power. So I would say that there are a few of us that want the BIG GRIN factor of a full exhaust but don't want to wake the nieghbors everytime we start it up.

-BAJAXPIMPN

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As they said the only difference is the quiet core, don't pay so much attention to my sound level results as they won't be that accuarte. I am simply comparing one to another the same way.

This is the swamp series and I do have the quiet core which makes it a XL. I will try it and see what the difference in HP is tomorrow before I pull it off and put the AC on.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i dont see any slip on making power.the bigger diameter of the headpipes is where its at

1 - 7 of 7 Posts