Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just put on my quiet cores and it took literally 1 minute to put them on if that. Really easy. I'm not sure if i really like them for its too quiet! It made a big difference at idle. Im going to silverwood tomorrow morning. I guess I'll give it a try and if i don't like them ill remove them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whisper or quiet? The quiet cores are the ones that are about 4" long
I got the whisper cores. I took it out for a ride today and was very pleased on how well they work. I'm not sure I like the reduction in noise, but they are definitely worth the price. They work great for my stereo system.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So how do they compare noise wise when on the throttle vs. with out them? Did you notice any power difference with them installed?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
From the ones I have heard from is that you feel some loss of power but do see a huge drop in noise, you know it probally like when we were 16 or so and we had the dual exhaust with the glass pack it really was not a lot faster but boy we instantly turned a regular ole pick up in to a hot rod out of this world.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah... I remember when I just cut off my exhaust from the muffler back.... loud doesn't even describe it. Here in CO they lowered the DB limit to 96 as of July 1st for all state and fed lands.... so I would not expect to pass, but at least when I idle by them it does not "appear" to be over the db limit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So how do they compare noise wise when on the throttle vs. with out them? Did you notice any power difference with them installed?
I think they make a big difference in noise reduction when on the throttle. I'm going to actually have my buddy listen to them with and without them and Ill let you know. As far as the power, Im not sure. It doesn't seem like I lost any power.

Whitey; Since they are easy to remove & install, I think I'll keep them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took it out for a spin today with and without the whisper cores.. I definitely feel a big difference in power with them off. I think Im going to keep them off for now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So do you mean that with out the whisper cores in the power is better......?

Or could it be that your current jetting might be better tuned for use with no whisper cores?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So do you mean that with out the whisper cores in the power is better......?

Or could it be that your current jetting might be better tuned for use with no whisper cores?
Without the whisper cores it's definitely better with the map I'm using on my
Msd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts