Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the ultimate kawa teryx motor build ??? Has to be reliable, money is not the object here. What cc, could it be a turbo?? What would it be???????

·
Registered
59 Posts
926cc the biggest i have ever seen. muzzy have a 916 kit. if money is no thing but a ZX14 motor in it!!!!! or look in to snowmobile engines.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yep FST has 1000cc Teryx kit, we will be popping out my 840 and putting a 1000 in for testing purposes in the not to distant future!!:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
what does proformance only mean? does it kill reliability or what?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can these motors be turbo'ed and if so , does it make sense??? I am looking for ideas that rock!!! All for fun!!

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
XChamp

Can you do some reference checks for us when its done.
300' (time and speed) on your stock one, the 840 and the 1000cc one.
Are you going to be running FI or the FCRs?

Thanks

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
We were going to build a turbo 1000cc but when I build a project it is for R&D to see what will sell. By the time you would spend the money building a good reliable 1000cc motor I don't think the market will support another $4000 for a turbo. Sure there will be that one or two guys that would do it but that would never pay for the R&D time. For the most part the same thing came up when we were going to turbo a stocker. You can build a 840 that will out run a turbo Razer for less then they have into their's. The 840 is something most people have done them selves as a almost boult on type of mod.

The 1000cc will still only be for a few, but I use it as my "dog and pony show". We build the biggest kit possible,make it perform better then anyone eles with all the reliability you can have and then do a magazine article on it. This bring the customer in to the show under the big top to show them what eles we have going on. Beside it's fun!:D

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
XChamp

Thanks
We will use the FCR carbs so you can keep the stock motor cover and air box. With the FI system or the Weber carb set up I have used for years on my V-Forces the carbs or FI systems sit too high to fit it under the stock cover.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
FST What is the reliability on those motors (900 & 1000)compared to the 840?
900 is the same and I believe the 1000cc will be too,but I'm just starting to put the first one together and then we need to go run the crap out of it to know for sure.

On some builders kits piston weight is a problem,not so on ours. The 900 piston is way lighter then a stock piston and my 1000cc 93mm (stock it 85mm) piston is only 4 grams more then a stocker.

·
Registered
255 Posts
XChamp

Thanks
I dont know about 300' times but my club has a 500 foot track in which I can run my stocker and the 840 on for sure. The 1000 will be up to mickey on how long Im aloud to thrash on it, Ive been known to be hard on equipment!:D

I did a little test on an uphill section of highway by my place and the 840 is 25 mph faster than my stocker is!!!:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
I did a little test on an uphill section of highway by my place and the 840 is 25 mph faster than my stocker is!!!:D
That is quite a bit. When ever he has another sell on these kits I will pick one up. Thanks for the good reviews you give on the 840 kit. I look forward to hearing about the 1000 kit.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I dont know about 300' times but my club has a 500 foot track in which I can run my stocker and the 840 on for sure. The 1000 will be up to mickey on how long Im aloud to thrash on it, Ive been known to be hard on equipment!:D

:yahoo: Thats good to here. If you can log your times/speed on the stock vs 840 and post them when you have time on the 500' track, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We were going to build a turbo 1000cc but when I build a project it is for R&D to see what will sell. By the time you would spend the money building a good reliable 1000cc motor I don't think the market will support another $4000 for a turbo. Sure there will be that one or two guys that would do it but that would never pay for the R&D time. For the most part the same thing came up when we were going to turbo a stocker. You can build a 840 that will out run a turbo Razer for less then they have into their's. The 840 is something most people have done them selves as a almost boult on type of mod.

The 1000cc will still only be for a few, but I use it as my "dog and pony show". We build the biggest kit possible,make it perform better then anyone eles with all the reliability you can have and then do a magazine article on it. This bring the customer in to the show under the big top to show them what eles we have going on. Beside it's fun!:D
Ok another question, what would be more reliable stocker with a turbo or 840 kit?

Or let me ask the question diffrently. What would be the most reliable power combo? Standard bore kit with new carbs. Should the cases be split and do anyting that will help? Will the teryx tranny handle the extra power?? Or lets re ask with a money issue in mind. What In your opinion is the best money spent on the teryx for power. If I called you and said I want power and reliability, not looking to just beat someone on the sand drags. Looking for a little white nuckle time with cruisin thru the back country time. and how much would it be. 1000-2000-3000??

·
Registered
137 Posts
How much for the 840 kit????? I need to outrun my Father In Laws RZR real bad! And I think they are available for the 09 Fuel Inject... Right?????

Thanks-:D

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Ok another question, what would be more reliable stocker with a turbo or 840 kit?

Or let me ask the question diffrently. What would be the most reliable power combo? Standard bore kit with new carbs. Should the cases be split and do anyting that will help? Will the teryx tranny handle the extra power?? Or lets re ask with a money issue in mind. What In your opinion is the best money spent on the teryx for power. If I called you and said I want power and reliability, not looking to just beat someone on the sand drags. Looking for a little white nuckle time with cruisin thru the back country time. and how much would it be. 1000-2000-3000??
There are over 100 840cc Teryxes with my kits out there now with only one that I know of that had gear box problems and he admited he jumped it and landed hard wide open. I have herd of stockers doing this too so I don't count it as being a 840 problem.

So IMO the 840 with stage 3 cams is the best over all,but many are very happy with a std. bore kit with stage 2 cams.

Retail on the 840 with doing the cylinder is about $1500

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Are the 900 and 1000cc kits all bore or do they stroke them also?
They are strokers and big bores. I was going to make a 93mm piston kit to make it a 896cc kit but if you are going to have to split the cases and bore them to make room for the bigger sleeve you might as well go with a stroker and make it a full blown 1000cc. Besides that those pistons would weigh a ton and would need HD rods to suport them. The stroker comes woth the HD rods all ready. Not that it needs them because the pistons are only 4 grams more then a stock piston,but we build a longer rod so the rod to stroke ratio is better after stroking.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
How much for the 840 kit????? I need to outrun my Father In Laws RZR real bad! And I think they are available for the 09 Fuel Inject... Right?????

Thanks-:D
Yes you can put them on the 09's but we go back to the stage 2 cam on that one. The stage 3 cam lost power with the FI so we backed up on the cam.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts