Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a couple of these made or sold by different people. I am trying to decide which one is best and what the cost are for the different ones out there. I would also like to hear the pro's an con's from the people that have used or experienced them. I need one for the 09 teryx. I am not posting this to have a vendor war. If you are a vendor please just state the facts and price of your unit. Thanks all.

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sooo...... the impellers and undersized rads are why I read about overheating problems from so many members here ?
There are several different reasons....

The stock impellers do not move enough fluid at idle.

engine fans are set to come on after 200 degrees which is too late in most cases

stock radiator on 2009 models don't have enough air flow due to the design of the front plastics

Relay failure

2008 models have the fan switch mounted in the wrong location on the cool side of the radiator, added with the high turn on point are a recipe for a HOT HOT motor

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any info on the dyno ray pump.

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
impeller or fan upgrade?

Since my $ is limited, which would be best for my new 09 Teryx...the DASA impeller.. or upgrade to a 2010 size fan?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would Upgrade the fan and the impeller. I have done the whole 2010 radiator and fan with our Unleashed UTV impeller and my car ran 20 to 30 degrees cooler than 3 weeks ago in the dunes and it was hotter this weekend. I believe you can get it cool enough to run hard with just the fan and impeller kit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
fan

I found a easy way to get increases cooling power for a low price.
Universal Parts, Inc.
This is a bolt on part. This and the impeller combined should get the most cooling power for the lowest price and the easiest installation.
If I had to chose one, I would still chose the impeller.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts