Teryx HQ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Teryx. Some of my friends ride rxr's and seem like they're constantly having trouble with them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
As with everything you buy, it's a matter of preference and desired use. Are you a dune type guy, a hunter, a trail rider, haul a lot of stuf, all of the above? In my opinion, there is no more capable or versitile UTV on the market than a Teryx.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello everybody just looking to buy a utv and doing some research.
I research for 8 months before I bough my Teryx, not as fast (yet) as my body RZR but so much more reliable. I just love it.
p/s: soon I will be faster

·
Registered
48 Posts
well working on all the different sxs- i can say that the Rhino is the easiest. but they all have their issues. some bigger then others. but you cant go wrong with any one of the name brand now a days.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would say you cant go wrong with the teryx or rhino but I love my teryx for work play and everything else and wouldnt trade it for any other SxS. But just look for an 08 or 09!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fiquired I would have feedback on the teryx but not other brands such as the rhino and rzr. Nobody has said anything about the rangers which compares more to the teryx than the rzr. Fuel injection the way to go or are the 08 carb models ok? Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check out SideXSide Action magazine online (May 2009). They did a "shootout" between the Teryx, Ranger XP, Prowler 1000, Rhino, Diamo, Cub Cadet, John Deere, & Kymco. It's an unbias test that should give you all the answers you'll need.

·
Registered
35 Posts
my brother has an 2010 ranger xp 800, and i demoed a used 2008 teryx. ride was very comparable, he had a bit more top end, teryx limited out at 50 mph. comfort in cab goes to the teryx more leg room. ranger has a high seat if you have short leg you cannot seat all the way back in the seat and touch the pedals. tight cornering in the bush also goes to the teryx, ranger had a hard time keeping up. all in all i drove both and fun factor definitely goes to the teryx. I have done alot of research and thats what i am buying. good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info guys. I have not even sat in a teryx yet as the 2 closest Kawasaki dealers have none in stock. Plenty of rhinos,xps,crews,rzrs and prowlers but no teryxs. There is not many used ones in the area as I check ebay and craig*li*t often. I believe the teryx is what Im looking for.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just got my Monster Energy about 3 weeks ago and freakin love it. The only thing I did to it right away was soften the suspension. It handles and works perfect. Unless things really change I don't see myself ever owning an atv again. Most of the trails around here are pretty wide so Teryx's size is not an issue. I also like the fact that I can control the amount of diff lock I use.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been looking to buy a UTV in the near future as well. I have owned quads for several years and my wife has decided that she wants to come along with me on my off road adventures. So, I am selling my beloved TRX450R!! Anyway, I thought I wanted a RZR for the longest time, but after doing some research I am dead set on the Teryx!! My thoughts are that I can eventually put a 4 seat cage on it once we have kids and it will still be a family activity. And, the RZR is known for having "issues". For less money you can have a much more capable machine IMO!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I own a 09 teryx and love it. I did not do any research on the rzr but have heard alot of possible issues on them. Can anybody chime in and tell me what issues the rzr's have?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts