Teryx HQ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be some confusion as to what type of service is to be performed by the dealer during the first initial service at 20 hours.

I will admit, I was under the impression that the belt was to be inspected and adjusted accordingly, however, that is not the case. This information has been confirmed with Kawasaki Motor Company, the Teryx service manual, Teryx owners manual, and lastly, the belt information tag on the center console. In addition, I also thought that valve clearances was supposed to be inspected now, I was wrong in thinking that as well.

The following are items that are to be inspected / changed / adjusted:
  • Fuel system cleanliness - inspect *
  • Choke knob play - inspect
  • Spark plug - clean and gap inspect
  • Air cleaner - inspect *
  • Engine oil - change *
  • Oil filter - replace *
  • Front and rear final gear case oil - change
  • Radiator - clean *
  • Front brake pad wear - inspect *
  • Brake light switch - inspect
  • Brake fluid level - inspect
  • Joint boots - inspect
"*" denotes to service more frequently when opertated in mud, dust, or other harsh driving conditions.

For those of you wondering when the belt adjustments take place, this happens at 200 hours or 2000km of use, which would also be denoted with a "*"

Valve clearance - inspect is to be done after the first 2000km and then 4000km thereafter.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Good info I am surprised it doesn't say anything about valve adjustment. Does anybody know what the dealer is getting to do the 20 hour service? Seems pretty simple without a belt adjustment or valve adjustment.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good info I am surprised it doesn't say anything about valve adjustment. Does anybody know what the dealer is getting to do the 20 hour service? Seems pretty simple without a belt adjustment or valve adjustment.
Valve clearance - inspect is to be done after the first 2000km and then 4000km thereafter.

Not sure what the dealer is charging for this service. I can find out for you though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts