Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, whats the difference in the base model teryx, and the LE? I found a smokin deal on the base model complete with hard doors, aftermarket wheels and tires, exhaust , cab heater, low miles, but its the base model.

So was wondering how difficult of install for the gauge cluster in the base model, and if there is a write up for it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too have an 08' standard model. I am only passing along information I have been told. My dealer said the unit out of the prairie 360 will mount right up for the cost of about $125. that is the route I intend to take unless I hear of something better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
First of all, whats the difference in the base model teryx, and the LE? I found a smokin deal on the base model complete with hard doors, aftermarket wheels and tires, exhaust , cab heater, low miles, but its the base model.

So was wondering how difficult of install for the gauge cluster in the base model, and if there is a write up for it?
bought a new oem kawasaki digital dash off evil ebay for 175.00 installed it in my base model in a hour or so, not to tough, remove all the fasteners on the hood and slide it up the front roll bars, the gauge plugs right in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
In terms of the motor and parts there is no real difference, the main difference is you don't get a roof, 1/2 windshield, upright cup holders, tilt bed, kinda get my drift, nothing to worry about. you just save about $1200 dollars on stuff you are going to throw out anyway. And yes you can order the speedometer from your dealer and it plugs in directly to your base model, nothing fancy, cdi also, just unplug and plug in new one, that simple.:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dash

so all i have to do is buy the gauge for it and it plugs right in? do i need a different CDI also?

Plugs right in. The CDI in the standard and the LE is the same. It's just very easy to change when you decide to do it.

As soon as my GPS shows up I'll sell my digital speedo for $100.00.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thats it, it just plugs in. In regards to the cdi you don't have to have one but the dynatek does give you alittle extra hp and bottom end.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts