Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I slid backwards down a hill earlier and hit a rock really hard and it put a nice "v" dent in my back stock rim, it still holds air though. Anyways, I am considering getting new ITP rims and Id hate to have that happen to one of them. Would something like that, a dent from hitting a rock if it was bad enough to make it not hold air, count as a "bend" or not? Also, how much stronger are the ITP rims than the black stock rims?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, well as long as their much stronger then I should be good to go. Thanks Hunter, your always a help.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I was backing up today down our street and hit a super strong brick mail box that has planters on each side of the mail box. I have S108 14 inch rims and hit the planter and it did not bend the hub or wheel. It bent the lower part of the frame that the lower wishbone a arm bolts to. Wish it would of bent the wheel or hub. I now have to take it to my buddies frame shop to pull it out so that the front of the left rear wheel is not turned in.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Last winter I hit a tree that was covered in snow but had been cut off at one end by a chainsaw, hit the square end and broke the inside bead area. :smiley_why-me:
Tire still held air enough to get home but was leaking. Called ITP told them this exactly, sent pics & address, they emailed back that new rim was being shipped, it was really that easy. :D
I did post it when it happened on here but searched and couldn't find it.

·
Registered
516 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
They replaced two rear rims for me. Sent pictures to them and got them replaced. No Hassles! Now I just wish they would have replaced the Terra Craps that popped EVERY time we went out!

·
Registered
260 Posts
What a company to deal with. I called them up and asked if there was a warranty on my wheel. They told me to get a picture of the broken wheel and send them the information and a new one would be sent out. That is customer service. I will be buying another set of ITP if I need wheels for anything.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Lol, I bet that was a pretty good thump huh Junior lol.
Yep! I didn't notice until quite awhile later but I think that this is what bent my frame where the front left lower control arm bolts to frame at the rear mount. It is the only thing I can think of hitting that probably did it, oh well, just another project to add to the list. Now I need some 15" wheels, just starting the search if anyone has any recommendations.

·
383 Posts
ITP= Great service

I also broke a rim last sunday, was trying out the new walker evans shocks and the trail speed got a little out of hand, sliding all over in the snow. Drove right over a 5" diameter spruce broke it in half and pulled the stump with my rim. Broke the inner bead off in two places. :( Emailed ITP sunday night and to my surprise someone emailed me back about twenty minutes later, told me to send pic and info and they will ship me a new rim. Monday mornig he emailed me and said that the rim is in the mail, should have it in a week. Now that is customer service, I would not even consider buying any other brand of rim. On the positive side the walker evans are sweet,completely new machine.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::good:

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have to concur with ITP's service...I broke one of my 14" Type 7 Beadlocks last weekend, and I had a replacement waiting on me by the weekend. Store was closed on monday so it took 2 days to get me another wheel. I was told that ITP will guarantee these wheels until they quit manufacturing them. The same goes for the SS line and I'm not sure what other lines have the warranty. But I was very impressed with how quickly they got everything handled and got my new wheel out to me. I'll throw up some pictures of the wheel later on. It was almost exactly what happened in that "Dont buy ITP wheels Unless..." thread, but on a rear wheel, I've no idea what happened or anything like that, was just trail riding, theres no sign of an impact, just broke the inside bead on the wheel and lost all pressure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep, ITP is awesome! I trashed a front and dinged a rear pretty good (SS106's 14"). Sent pics on a Monday, Had two new wheels that Friday. Can't beat that.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've got a center cap missing...or broke. I've haven't had the rims off for quite a while. Are these caps bolted under the rims, or part of the rim? I do not recall. Would they replace that?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got a center cap missing...or broke. I've haven't had the rims off for quite a while. Are these caps bolted under the rims, or part of the rim? I do not recall. Would they replace that?
I don't believe there bolted. Mine just pop in. They have a piece of wire (like a spring or c-clip) that holds outward pressure on tabs that holds the tabs in a grove on the inside of the wheel (if that makes any sence). May have to take the wheel off to pop them out from the inside?? Don't know if ITP covers the caps?? Worth a try though. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts