Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been lurking here for about 6 months. I now have to chime in and say thanks for all the knowledge I have aquired about these great machines, from reading the super threads.

So here it is
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Thanks Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :groupwave2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Goodbye kawasaki

I bought a new 2009 Tyrex, paid over $16,000. Got the extra warranty. I found that it broke very easy and was very expensive to fix. Kawasaki would not stand behind it at all. Everything was trail damage or just not covered under warranty. I quickly realized the days of customer service were over at Kawasaki. I have owned a lot of ATV,s in my life. Quads, Dirt Bikes, Snowmobiles and Side x Sides. My Teryx was the biggest POS i have owned. Lucky for me I managed to finally sell it for less than half of the purchase price. I have had it for sale for a year and a half. Was to scared to use as it would just break down again. I WILL NEVER EVER OWN A KAWASAKI AGAIN.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I bought a new 2009 Tyrex, paid over $16,000. Got the extra warranty. I found that it broke very easy and was very expensive to fix. Kawasaki would not stand behind it at all. Everything was trail damage or just not covered under warranty. I quickly realized the days of customer service were over at Kawasaki. I have owned a lot of ATV,s in my life. Quads, Dirt Bikes, Snowmobiles and Side x Sides. My Teryx was the biggest POS i have owned. Lucky for me I managed to finally sell it for less than half of the purchase price. I have had it for sale for a year and a half. Was to scared to use as it would just break down again. I WILL NEVER EVER OWN A KAWASAKI AGAIN.
Wow!!!!! You sound a little bitter there. At $16,000 you most of had about every aftermarket part on it known to mankind. Because I only spent $9,000 for my Moster Edition.

My next question I ask myself is why is this guy who finally sold his POS, posting to a Newbie's Thread? :punish2:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Don`t be scared off. I have 4000 kms on mine and haven't had any problems. Proper maintenance and use instead of abuse are the key.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They must have went up in price a lot since I bought mine. I bought a 2010 and only paid $8,800.00 for it. Didn't buy the warrenty as others had said it was not a good deal, so I lucked out there. Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with yours. I have 1000 miles of very hard mountain miles on mine and not so much as a whimper from it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don`t be scared off. I have 4000 kms on mine and haven't had any problems. Proper maintenance and use instead of abuse are the key.
Heck it's a little late to be scared. I've already spent alot of cash at it.

EMP roof, UTV Boy full windshield, EMP front bumper, 4500# Superwinch,
PRP doors, Extreme 2" lift, Hunterworks air intake, etc, etc.

I'm too thrilled to be SCARED !!!! :smiley_chicken:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They must have went up in price a lot since I bought mine. I bought a 2010 and only paid $8,800.00 for it. Didn't buy the warrenty as others had said it was not a good deal, so I lucked out there. Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with yours. I have 1000 miles of very hard mountain miles on mine and not so much as a whimper from it.
I don 't understand, the extended warranty is written by a third party. What does Kawasaki got to say about repair work? I've bought extended warranties
on both of my street vehicles and I have had to use them, without a problem.

:smiley_SHOTS part:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
If you paid 16,000.00 for a Teryx they must have seen you coming and if you got 1/2 price for it you should consider your self Lucky!!! I bet the other ATV dealers will be glad to see you coming.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did notice that you have been a member of this forum for about two years and only posted twice, (this being one of them). Maybe you should of asked a few questions before things went so bad. :gathering:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts