Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what jets you guys are running? I have a 08 teryx I put muzzy pro exhaust, k&n air filter, I put 4 1nch and a half holes on lid and a dyna cdi. I bought the brute force dyna jet kit I put a 150 jet in front carb and a 155 jet in the rear. The internal of motor is stock. I have not ran it yet I am still working on it. Also do you need thet tool to remove the belt.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just wondering what jets you guys are running? I have a 08 teryx I put muzzy pro exhaust, k&n air filter, I put 4 1nch and a half holes on lid and a dyna cdi. I bought the brute force dyna jet kit I put a 150 jet in front carb and a 155 jet in the rear. The internal of motor is stock. I have not ran it yet I am still working on it. Also do you need thet tool to remove the belt.
You do need the clutch puller. Also on jetting save yourself some time and headache and purchase a air/fuel meter . You will just be guessing otherwise. You can get it in the middle between WAY rich and WAY lean without the gauge but trust me it is well worth the money. You can always tune your bike with it then resale it and get most of your money back.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would put duct tape over all those holes you put in there. Gonna lose the ability to meter fuel right and the slides will not open right with the loss of vacuum.
I would never agree to plug the nostrils of your engine to gain performance...But since you are a stock engine I would probably close two off.

Todd, not trying to argue with you.. But , my 840 has 4 1 1/2 holes in it and it runs great. I have stock slides ,needles ,and springs.. I understand your theory but in the real world it has not proven true. Over and over again you here people on here that open their air boxes up and get performance and has no problem. I was a sceptic too, I know they are vacuum operated slides but I also watched to many people open up there box and jet properlly and have no problems. I did this with mine, granted I didnt open up all the way but it was like I put a 6 inch hole in my lid and my slides operate properlly. Mine is also a 840 performance engine. But , I would think even on a stock engine you can open it up some.. Dont you sell a 2 TPI valve kit that does this very thing?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I think I missed four, don't know why I was thinking 6 or 8.

Unless he gets a weaker spring he will have some issues. The two TPI valves would be about like three 1" holes but the weak springs in our kit make up for the lack of vacuum.

We have seen it, done it and dealt with it for six years.

As for a 840, it breaths much better.

I've seen a aftermarket intake on a Rhino that was so free breathing the slide would not open all the way and it acted like a 2x4 under the pedal. Would not get over 6000 rpm and air/fuel was right. Put stock box back on and hit rev limiter.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you need help with setting up your belt, PM me, looks like we are neighbors and I just did mine. :wave:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts