Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and maybe gals .I'm new at this teryx thing. I just bought a used 08
with 41 hours on it and I've done a few mods but would like some experienced advice. Dynatek cdi,big gun mufflers with race cores, afe non oil filter. Is jetting recomended?

·
Registered
282 Posts
absolutely...with those mods, jetting is a must...you are going to have to flow more air / fuel to support the cdi/exhaust/intake... check out hunterworks' carb kit...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! What do you recomend for jet sizes ? And I hear guys talking about drilling holes in their airboxes. Does that make a difference?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Jetting depends on your altitude. HW carb kit is a good start, also invest in an A/F gauge to insure your getting it right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'll go ahead and jet it for glamis since that's where I do most of my riding. The carbs probably aren't much different then my yfz450 so I don't think I'll have a problem. If I run into trouble I'll be in touch. Thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Thanks. I'll go ahead and jet it for glamis since that's where I do most of my riding. The carbs probably aren't much different then my yfz450 so I don't think I'll have a problem. If I run into trouble I'll be in touch. Thanks for the info guys
The jet kit we have is not the same one you buy off shelf, the main difference is the springs and the addition of two two TPI valves. The kit adds 6hp between 15 and 25 mph.

Todd

·
Registered
258 Posts
FYI...on my machine (CDI, no lid, high flow filter, BUT stock exhaust) the best needle was the stocker. The HW and a custom Weller needle had a supper rich condition between 1/2 to 3/4. Both of these needles were shorter than the stocker and the taper was different. I found that using the longer needle pinched off the rich condition until the slide was fully open (WOT). Just an FYI and without an A/F gauge, you'll never know.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
FYI...on my machine (CDI, no lid, high flow filter, BUT stock exhaust) the best needle was the stocker. The HW and a custom Weller needle had a supper rich condition between 1/2 to 3/4. Both of these needles were shorter than the stocker and the taper was different. I found that using the longer needle pinched off the rich condition until the slide was fully open (WOT). Just an FYI and without an A/F gauge, you'll never know.
The no lid was causing you the issues

1 - 10 of 10 Posts