Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any1 help me? I put Dynatek ignition and coils, Muzzy Pro duals, Dalton clutch and custom snorkel 3" intake with filter mounted on top. 28" Mudlites. I have a Innovations air/fuel meter. I was wondering if any1 could tell me approx where I should start on jetting? Thanx

·
383 Posts
Starting point for jetting is going to vary greatly, depending on elevation, temp. What's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander. You at least need a starting point from someone in your general vicinity, and judging by your name you are in alberta, so I would recomend giving Twincylinder a PM he is pretty good at jetting. His machine runs like a Mo-Sucka. He should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Can any1 help me? I put Dynatek ignition and coils, Muzzy Pro duals, Dalton clutch and custom snorkel 3" intake with filter mounted on top. 28" Mudlites. I have a Innovations air/fuel meter. I was wondering if any1 could tell me approx where I should start on jetting? Thanx
Since you have a meter it is going to be easy but start at wide open first then go to half throttle and set needle height then idle with mixture screws.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya Im from Edmonton. Im just trying to figure out this site. Thanx for the info. I wasnt sure if my intake would work. I havent finished putting the quad back together yet so just wanted to start somewhere on jetting

·
Registered
10 Posts
jetting

Since you have a meter it is going to be easy but start at wide open first then go to half throttle and set needle height then idle with mixture screws.
I think this is a 08 (carbed) if I can reed right, You will not get it to work right with that intake sorry. Todd Can sell you a carb kit with TPI valves that set up works well you need some neg air pressure for the stock carbs to work right. Bin there done that. I can help you set it up if you need. I live in stony plain (Parkland motorsports 780-963-0080) Check out the hunterworks site this is the only way it will run clean.I can also bring in the kit for you.

Chris (twincylinder)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have mine running a 3" snorkel and it is running pretty dam fine. You will need to mod the carb slides to get it right. If you need more info pm me. Crow

·
383 Posts
I have mine running a 3" snorkel and it is running pretty dam fine.
Crow I am assuming you have a snorkel on your factory airbox, that will work but Teryxalberta has a 3" pipe attached to the plenum with a filter on top, way different outcome with this setup. Its the same as running a open element filter like the AFE open element. I had one on my old 08 and it did not work worth a s**t either, that was the reason I sold it could not get it to run right. At the time I didn't know any better.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Tomany, You have more experience than I on that I guess. Did you try the slide mod with epoxy and some new holes? It seemed impossible to get it running right until I did that. I tuned mine in the winter with no air filter at all & then installed the filter and re checked it. It did take a lot of tries but I got it running good. I also tried pulling the slides way up once I got the mains set, the mid range power was unreal but flooded out at 3/4 throttle. If I could only keep that mid range, it was sick. The tires broke loose and dug up gravel till it bogged down.
Is here some one around Alberta with a dyno and experience on a tyrex I wonder? Not real practical for us to drive to California to get or machines tuned as they wont run right here any how. Would be a good reason for a road trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts