Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading a lot of people saying how great the new can am is. And it looks impressive. But where's the teryx loyalty? See a lot of gotta get and trading in. Best thing since slice bread. My teryx has been great. Mow the lawn. Haul wood and stone. Play. And makes a great pit vehicle at the dragstrip. Always be the next best thing and it will only lead to better, but show some love! Until proven other wise... the teryx is top dog...... :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I buy whatever the best, fastest, most reliable, priced right product that is out at the time. In powersports that changes all the time so I dont have a brand loyalty.

I've owned Yamaha and Honda Steet Bikes
Suzuki Quads
Kawasaki Teryx
John Deere Gator
Yamaha and Honda Generators

Depending on where the competition stacks up in a few years I may own my first Can-am. I've always liked there products.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I agree with you and only time will tell but even if I buy a Can Am it will be like I posted in the other post I don't like to buy first year model of anything let them work out the bugs and give time for suppliers to build after market products and until then my Teryx and Rhino will take care of me

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Yea I got a call from out own XChamp on here when he seen them saying he was selling his 08' 840 and getting one. That's OK there has not been a Can-Am quad that even comes close to our Kawie motors until they turbo them so I'm not worried!:flag:

·
Registered
604 Posts
mickey..how come you never made a kit for them?are they already maxed out from the factory or what?just wondering..i like the can ams...and if i can get a loaded can am for around 15grand i will buy one....it looks good..has all the accessories already on it...and should ride like a cadillac...should run damn good also....hell my local kaw dealer wants 12 grand for a 2010 red teryx...and it needs like 5 grand spent on it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yea I got a call from out own XChamp on here when he seen them saying he was selling his 08' 840 and getting one. That's OK there has not been a Can-Am quad that even comes close to our Kawie motors until they turbo them so I'm not worried!:flag:
Yep the more i see of them the more I like them!! Some very inovative ideas! Love my kawies, esp my 840 teryx, but im ready for a change, time will tell. Now dont be hating me Mickey!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well kawasaki could step it up a little bit in the ATV/UTV market... I mean they made the Teryx ugly as hell for 2010 with no real performance increase. Obviously they aren't going to get a fire lit under their ass until they start losing market share.

Although I'm not getting rid of my teryx anytime soon as I'm sure the can-am isn't faster than my 840 and I have a rzr if I want to long travel and still be able to ride through the woods. I'm not one to buy into the hype as I'm sure the motor on the bike is great but I really wouldn't go buy a stock suspension commander and expect the ride quality to be better than a RZR S...

Wish this would start a performance war and get kawasaki and yamaha back in the game but thats highly unlikely...

·
Registered
375 Posts
I say bring them on.. Im not scared. I would race a 1000 canam anyday. I bet who ever the Comander owner is at the time he will be shocked what this old Teryx will do:laugh: Then if he is still not impressed with my old clunker then he can line up against Merlins ;) Seriously , the Kawi v twin motor is impressive and the bike just can do so many things from work to play.. The Teryx is also one if not the most reliable bikes out there.. The same guys that are jumping now are the same ones that will be wishing they had waited when Honda releases there new sport UTV in November and will be available to the public in Febuary.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
604 Posts
merlins has head work with oversized valves and big throttle bodys...i wonder how a headworked 08 with 41 fcrs would do against it?

·
Registered
375 Posts
KY why is merlins bike so fast what does he have done to it?
09 840 stage III , one and a half bigger valves, massive porting, proper clutching, Msd dialed in just right ;) Muzzy pros , Bed delete , massive weight shaving , Dasa 38 mm throttle bodies , larger injectors , intake mod and I am sure I am leaving some secret stuff out :laugh: We ride together and my bike is fast the only reason I bring up Merlins bike is because even if a 1000 Commander would run with or close to my 08 840 III it would still get smoked by another Teryx I ride with. Trust me I doubt ANY manufactor will put out a UTV as fast as built Teryx the liability would be HUGE. Now I am not saying with enough money you could not make it outrun ours. But consider this , I have less money in mine than a base 1000 commander. I am not saying there not a great bike. But consider this thread topic " jumpin ship". If I was in the market for a UTV I would definatley take a look. I would wait to check out the new Honda UTV in a few months before I pulled the trigger. BUT , I would not sell my 840 Teryx ANYDAY to buy a Can-Am.. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't see why some people get all worked up over somone else wanting to buy a Can-Am or any other brand for that matter. I also don't see much point in trying to race a stock rig, the 1000 Can-Am, agains a highly modified 750 v-twin. Kind of pointless, it looks to me like Can-Am has the biggest and the baddest right out of the box. I have no doubts that it will have it's issues but what doesn't? I have a 12 thousand dollar sled and it still has crap that needs updating or modifying. I think that a first year model is a safe bet these days, they have had more than enough time to get the engineering right. Look how many of us took a chance with the Kawi first year? I still love my Teryx and don't plan to get rid of it anytime soon but I can see having a Can-Am in the stable too!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't see why some people get all worked up over somone else wanting to buy a Can-Am or any other brand for that matter. I also don't see much point in trying to race a stock rig, the 1000 Can-Am, agains a highly modified 750 v-twin. Kind of pointless, it looks to me like Can-Am has the biggest and the baddest right out of the box. I have no doubts that it will have it's issues but what doesn't? I have a 12 thousand dollar sled and it still has crap that needs updating or modifying. I think that a first year model is a safe bet these days, they have had more than enough time to get the engineering right. Look how many of us took a chance with the Kawi first year? I still love my Teryx and don't plan to get rid of it anytime soon but I can see having a Can-Am in the stable too!
I agree , that is why I stated the context of this thread "jump ship". I am all for can-am, Honda and Yamaha to step up. I stated in my post I would not sell my Teryx for a can-am.. If I had the money I may add one to my collection of toys .. But if I was just now in the market for a utv I would wait 5 months and see the Honda before making a decision.. Look this is all in fun;) if we are just comparing out of the box then the RZR's would rule. Modified v/s modified is a diffrent story. I know a modified RZR doesnt hold a candle to a modified Teryx.. On the other hand who is to say about a modified commander?? nobody knows.

·
Registered
604 Posts
honda has never made anything worth waiting on....and i dont see it changing now.honda has never stood out in the industry with any product so whats the big deal now?i know honda will never offer a fast utv that will overcome all competitors.

·
Registered
604 Posts
i like when honda had the rincon and then all the other brands changed to a larger more powerful engine and then after a couple a years honda said.....well after every one elase has 750 and 800s and 950s ..now we will offer a gps and a fluid drive trans..and hell it took them how many years to even get a 2 and 4 wheel drive version!!!!id keep my teryx before id ever trade to a honda.honda will never make a utv that will compare to a 840 teryx in a power match.thats my outlook on honda and honda would rteally have to get with the program to get my attention.and until then i got 2 words for honda TERYX 840!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
honda has never made anything worth waiting on....and i dont see it changing now.honda has never stood out in the industry with any product so whats the big deal now?i know honda will never offer a fast utv that will overcome all competitors.
Whitey, I usally agree with you but come on.. Remeber the 250r atv , or CR125, CR250 ,450R,or ever seen a RC51 run over 205mph ?? Heck they were way to late in the game with the big bore 4stroke atvs and the 700 still is a much better bike than the Raptor. The bike I use to own. I have owned Hondas , Yamahas , and now a Kawi.. Loved them all. But to say Honda never comes out with a bike worth waiting for is a little off. I will admit I still get a :rofl[1]: at the big Red.. I am not a Honda guy , and Honda has messed up by waiting to long with the bigger bore atv's.. I think they (ATVS ) are going the way of the three wheeler and the UTV's are the next thing. I thought just like you untill I got confirmation about there new sport UTV to be anounced in November. Now, I still wouldnt sell my Teryx to buy the new Honda .. Just telling people in the market to buy to wait and see both there options.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts