Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK SO HERES THE STORY
JUST GOT THIS 2008 TERYX IT WAS RUNING FLAWLESS AT SELLERS HOUSE
JUST GOT HOME AND TOOK MY WIFE FOR A RIDE LIKE 5 MIN OR LESS AND IT STARTED MISSING I KNOW ITS GOT TO BE SOMTHING SIMPLE BUT THIS IS MY FIRST TERYX AND NOT SURE WHERE TO START BY THE WAY HERES THE UP GRADES
- 840 Big Bore Engine by DASA Racing- Ported and Polished
- DASA Exhaust
- Stage 3 Cams
- Dynatek Adjustable CDI
- Dalton Clutch Kit
- 181 hours, only 30 hours on 840 Big Bore Engine
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry i was tired last night it ran fine for five min or so but it started missing when i got in the gas hard and was popping and cuting out at mid to high rpm also before i pulled in my garage it had sat for 10 or 15 min and it ran better seams like heat may have somthing to do with it ?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
sorry i was tired last night it ran fine for five min or so but it started missing when i got in the gas hard and was popping and cuting out at mid to high rpm also before i pulled in my garage it had sat for 10 or 15 min and it ran better seams like heat may have somthing to do with it ?
The popping part makes it sound like it is not getting fuel for some reason

·
Registered
318 Posts
make sure nothing is blocking the intake for the air box, my back net got sucked to there once causing similar running condition

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i changed the fuel filter and plugs same thing runs good for five min.it seams like its getting fuel becuase it will clear out some times

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got it fixed the guy that sold it to me had just put spark arresters on and didn't jet it so removed and it runs great
thanks everyone for your help

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's great news, nothing sucks more than just buying something and having problems right away.
Buying something that modified, are you going to compete or is jusy a toy?
Send a pic out way if you get a chance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its just a toy
ill try to post some pics asap
BTW im looking for some lime green plastic my is camo if any 1 wants to trade ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm Red, but if I was lime green I would snatch up that offer. Good deal for both involved.
Not sure what my future plans will be for color. Might turn it Orange or just go all Black. I just know I want something different than all the other Teryx's out there.
Bought mine used from my Brother. Only had it 2 weeks. New 14" 108's wraped in Ceros tires will be here Wednesday. Having fun just trying to decide what purchase will be next. I am thinking Seats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts