Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a dfr clutch kit and it is a great improvement over the stock clutch. It leaves hard out of the whole and accelerates much quicker. Very pleased with this up grade!!!!

Chase08

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Do you have any additional specs on this clutch kit? Dyno graphs?

As far a top speed, and please forgive me as I am not a CVT expert, however, the clutch kit will not improve top speed, if you want to do that you have two options...machine the clutch or use an OD cover to allow more belt travel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before the clutch kit i could get to 61 on the speedometer now it will go to 63 not much but a little. With the new clutch kit it will leave alot harder and get up to speed much faster. The whole install was very easy with the proper tools.

I do have a dynatek cdi
billett tip
hw carb kit

chase08

·
Registered
258 Posts
any topend speed gains? if so how much? thinking of upgrading mine soon!
The clutch kit is just allowing the clutch to engage faster (stiffer springs/more weight) which is why you'll see faster take off and faster up-to speeds. The CVT is the transmission, so your top end will be the same.

Did you add a breather tube? Curious to know if with the faster hook-up your getting oil in your air filter?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not have a breather tube but will be getting one sat. Night i was running at about 50 for about 5 mile and i started acting like it was out of gas and i looked back and saw nothing but smoke. Took it apart sun. And had alot of oil in the air box and carbs cleaned it out and runs fine

chase08

1 - 8 of 8 Posts