Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just saw a k&n airfilter kit on ebay and it was doing away with the air filter box. I thought
the air filter box was needed for the carbs to work properly. does anyone know about this.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've heard about that...there is a kit to replace the box and let it breath. but you need to re-jet too... It replaces the box or puts the air filter in the open... I think I've seen a few pics on here somewhere... That sounds great if you want a screemer. and your replacing the pipes and maybe a cdi... Learned yesterday from a Kawi dealer locally doing a Teryx build themselves that you can get a "UNI" and replace the stock if you want a better filter that keeps the stock properties and is 2 stage and washable... Just depends on what reason you want to change the filter for.

I saw a pic of a deleted airbox @ http://www.sdrmotorsports.com/beddelete.html

Check out the bottom pic...Its on a Rhino

·
Registered
242 Posts
just saw a k&n airfilter kit on ebay and it was doing away with the air filter box. I thought
the air filter box was needed for the carbs to work properly. does anyone know about this.
Yeah there are other threads about this. The CV carbs need some vacuum to operate the slides properly. Todd from Hunterworks can explain it better than I can. If you were using a standard non CV carb the open air box would be a viable mod.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Kawi dealer told me that the Banshee guys with K&N's have trouble sucking in sand at glamis, so you see alot of them with uni type sock filters as pre filters over them...If not they get like 1/8 or more of sand in the bowls...NOT GOOD!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
must be lack of maintenance on the k&n's.ive ran them for15 years on everything to mud bikes to my drag yfz's with 0 problems

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I used to clean my K & N after every ride on my quads and was carefull how it was oiled and reinstalled. I noticed some dirt got past the filter once in a while. I'm looking at going a different way this time. Maybe Twin Air if they have something available. I think they would be good for drag racing.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i agree if your in that dusty of an environment you need a foam filter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts