Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, sorry to bring this up again but I am going to ask. Please give me your thoughts on which tach/speedo unit is best for the money. Kawasaki or the Vapor. Ordered my cdi from Todd, Viper winch from e-bay (SORRY) and now want to get the dash unit. Thanks for your time.

Dan

·
Registered
255 Posts
Stocker all the way, Install on the vapor is a pain in the ass!! Stocker plugs right in. Vapor has more features, but if i had to do it again I would go stocker hands down!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my vapor, u can adjust the odometer to read right for any tire size, you have an actual"real"temperature gauge not an idiot light!!!, and to top it off a tachometer. Features I would never live without again on another teryx.

installation is simple...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Count me in on the Vapor, the stocker is not accurate at all . so whats the point of having a speedo if it says your going fast but your not? i KNOW THIS FOR A FACT . I ride with a stocker (another TERYX) and we compare every every componet I purchase .

·
Registered
58 Posts
Stocker:D nice and simple instalation, does not have all the bells and whisels but it definately gets the job done:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
they are very very simple... once you have your hood off... i bought the billet mount also to install. hook up is "key power" and "lights" you have to cut the coolant hose to install the sender and drill a small hole in the spindle and install the magnetic p/u "magnetic bolt" in one of the brake caliper bolts. they have very good instructions in the kit. for the key power and lights i just unwrapped the plug for the stock cluster and found the 2 wires i needed.

whats the point in having a odometer if it never really functions as one sense it never reads the right speed.....

pm me tomorrow if you want to know what wires to use... I have my hood off to install a fan override switch..

·
Registered
255 Posts
The Vapor speedo hookup is a pain in the ass!! First u have drill your spindle and try to make sure u have the sensor lined up with it perfect, then run a cable from speedo to the spindle. I fabbed up a bracket so I didnt drill my spindle, major pain. My vapor steamed up the first month, and does everytime its out in the sun all day, and i have to reset it after every start up! My stocker works fine in my other teryx and plugs right into the stock wireing harness, very simple install!! If u want a tach buy a good stand alone unit!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts