Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing some chatter that there is a recall on the carb heaters or something along those lines.

There is nothing indicated on the Kawasaki site, or on the CPSC site, nor did I get any sort of notification.

Anyone else know what I am referring to and have you received anything?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes they are having a recall. My dealer told me when I took mine back to have the engine crack addressed. You can also visit the site and type in your vin number an it will tell you that way.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I found it and have attached a copy to this post so that others may read what it is about.

Below is the link for you to check your VIN:

Welcome to Kawasaki.com

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yep I got my recall notice today! Not sure there is any big rush to get it down. I think I will wait for the first service, which I always let the dealer do anyway. :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
I got my recall notice in the mail just now. I guess I will call and set up an appointment to get it fixed.

·
Registered
722 Posts
So does everyone that got a notice not affected? I am planning on taking mine in but need to find the time.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I called the dealer, and they wanted to keep it TWO days. They was back logged with work.

I asked if I could do myself....and they said no...need a tech to verify.

Does anyone know the step by step procedure to do this? I can't imagine it being that hard at all. I just don't like taking to time and hassle to get to the dealer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Should be easy to do. I don't have the info though. My dealer did the recall and break-in service in about 3-4 hours from when I dropped it off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts