Teryx HQ banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made a Plate to go over the cvt cover, so you can take out the whole KEBC system out of the cover?????

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
The plate looks nice. You can easily remove the KEBC Fork and just reinstall the motor and leave it unplugged if you want to save the money. There is one C clip you have to remove to get the fork out of the CVT cover.

Photos and instructions below.
Teryx How To: Find/Unplug KEBC Motor and remove Fork from CVT Cover - UTVFreak.com
I don't want to knock DASA out of a sale but there is no reason not to do what Magellan said. Just remove shaft and put motor back on. I even plug it back up so there is no electrical mistakes.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Why WOULDN'T you buy the DASA part? $29.99 is dirt CHEAP in my opinion...and it's more than just a flat plate...it's machined down into the hole and the stock rubber o-ring fits perfectly so it's just as water proof as the original...

Great stocking stuffer...:D

·
Registered
780 Posts
initially it looked like a pretty flat plate that i could get cut for 5 bucks. now to say it is machined down and has a gasket to seal up, that helps justify the cost.

<Sidebar>---- I really need to find me a nice machine shop to make me some parts....

·
Registered
293 Posts
i just unhooked mine and put the stock motor back in

·
Registered
189 Posts
what is the benifit of deleting this? that looks like a nice peace, i think u need a pic of it uninstalled so people can see whats involved in it. I'm one of those guys that love to take parts off of my toys that make it faster or don't need and to make it look cleaner.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
what is the benifit of deleting this? that looks like a nice peace, i think u need a pic of it uninstalled so people can see whats involved in it. I'm one of those guys that love to take parts off of my toys that make it faster or don't need and to make it look cleaner.
If you install a billet clutch cap then you will need to disable the KEBC brake...so most remove it since it is not being used anyways...if you remove the motor then you will leave a hole in the stock plate...

So the billet block off plate will eliminate trying to seal the hole or installing a now useless motor back into the hole...

·
Registered
189 Posts
i know what the plate is for, I was asking what was the benifit of deleting the KEBC brake. But i followed his link of his pics and read his info.. But thank u for your reply, all the help is helpful to me.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
i know what the plate is for, I was asking what was the benifit of deleting the KEBC brake. But i followed his link of his pics and read his info.. But thank u for your reply, all the help is helpful to me.
Duners don't like the brake because they lose momentum once they let off the gas and the KEBC brake kicks in and slows them down...at least that is why I took mine off...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts