Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Haven't been into speakers for a few years now but Kickers 'ROCK' especially their subs. I may be old school but they worked awesome back then and still going!!!:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
the polks will sound better for mids and high but you cant beat kicker subs for bass i have the 10 inch i think its the cvt in my teryx and it pounds,

·
Registered
47 Posts
An 8" drivers not going to do a lot for you. i built a car and put 8" woofers in teh doors as midbass. They just don't have the surface area for thump. a 10" is a more universal sub... and it fits in our center console enclosure :)
SSV WORKS TX-CCSB10

Trevor

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sleepy, I built my own console with cup holders and put an 8"sub firing down. I dont believe SSV about not doing alot for you, Mine rocks. A car and SXS are totally different. SSV makes nice stuff. A friend of mine has his sub box in his rhino and its f!%$in loud. mine is nothing to throw stones at.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SSV does make some nice stuff, but the sub box is too big an gaudy for me. I will be trying my own thing ans i am not looking for some award winning sound system to ride thru the woods with. as far as i know, there are no meets or anything around here where people get together just to show off their machines.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I have always like my Polk home theater speakers. How are you mounting the sub my friend?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
initial thought is downfiring, mounted in the lower dash approx above the center hump. I will be testing several things out before mounting anything. i may mount it up in the old dash and move it until i like it and then that is where it will go in the new dash.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Ya that could work...I am not an audio guru so I cannot say that is the best, however, being that a sub is non-directional I would think that would work!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Kicker makes realy good stuff and I think down fire in a sealed box is the only way to go on a sxs with all the dirt and everything else

1 - 12 of 12 Posts