Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyway to stop the vibration with a le top on a teryx when going over 50 mph?

·
Registered
132 Posts
your lucky it only does it after 50....lol
mine seems to do it all the time, i just turn the toons up.
I was thinking some pipe wrap insulation on the roll bars? It would certainly help i would think. I made some corner pieces on the front to stop tree branches from getting in between the roll bar and roof, that may add to the rattle.
I am thinking now that i want to build a roof, out of aluminum.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mine has the rubber pieces under it...the problem is that the front of the top is too flimsy...it needs a brace maybe..

·
Registered
12 Posts
are you guys talking about 08 or 09 because my 09 flaps at 50 and i am fighting with the dealer to fix it because kawi says its not possible they put extra support in the 09

·
Registered
66 Posts
i trimmed about 3 inches off of mine to place my light bar on and it doesn't vibrate any more, or i just don't notice it. my brother inlaw put a alum. top on his rhino and that was a noisy mod till he placed 1/8 in rubber strips between the alum top and the role cage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just received a recall notice stating that the factory is going to add some bracing to the '08 LE prevent "cracking" to the top while being towed... not sure if this will cure it or not, but should help.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Somewhere in the first hour on the meter….I got a stick and stuck in between the roof and the cage…to stop the vibration. Then with exactly 1 hour on the meter the top cracked across the front. Nothing to do with the stick. This was long before the recall for the braces to the top. The top is JUNK. Kawasaki should be ashamed for putting something like that on top of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
got my bike back today 09 teryx after the dealer inspected it and talk to kawasaki they said that if the 09 roof breaks they will replace it but will do nothing till it breaks or cracks here comes the hammer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts