Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to know if any of you have replaced the front differential seal, not the seals for the axles but the seal where the front drive shaft enters the differential. I all of a sudden have a leak and want to see what is involved with replacing the seal.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mine is leaking but I am gonna make the dealer fix it!!!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait the whole differential assembly needs to come out to simply change the seal that the front driveshaft goes through...man I thought I would be able to remove the driveshaft and replace the seal all with the differential remaining in the car.

Guess I will have the dealer fix it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i had the dealer fix mine

·
Registered
67 Posts
If its anything like the Brute force the shaft comes out by hand with no tools .Take a blunt flat screwdriver and pry the old one out.Get a corectly sized socket to gently hammer in the new seal.Youre going to want to lift her prety high so you can get underneath to see what youre doing .....good luck

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
I changed mine yesterday. I picked up the Teryx with a forklift, removed the front skid plate and simply did it from the bottom. The drive shaft comes out with no tools. The yoke on the front diff is kinda of hard to get off, you have to disassemble the front U joint then remove the nut behind it to remove the coupler to the diff. The seal I need to replace was in the coupler itself and I am replacing the coupler as well.

Dynoing destroyed the brass bushing inside the coupler and burnt the seal as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts