Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran across a 3 tab light bar that attaches to the stock front bumber/bar? I got one off EBay a year ago but the design stinks. Looking to upgrade.
I can't mount anything on the top of the machine due to roof clearance in the trailer

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Has anyone ran across a 3 tab light bar that attaches to the stock front bumber/bar? I got one off EBay a year ago but the design stinks. Looking to upgrade.
I can't mount anything on the top of the machine due to roof clearance in the trailer
Ever think of putting on a folding down light bar on top. Mine folds forward with the removal of 2 bolts. I have also seen a bike rim quick release used before.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm not sure about the three tab bumper mount, but UM Racing makes a good one that camps to the cage (Performance Aluminum ATV Products from UM Performance Products). I mounted mine so it's not above the roof of the Teryx.

I ride in a lot of treed trails, and couldn't have mine over the top either. These trails are typically for snowmobiles and ATV's, so the trees hang pretty low for my UTV.

I'll try and post a picture as soon as I figure out how.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm not sure about the three tab bumper mount, but UM Racing makes a good one that camps to the cage (Performance Aluminum ATV Products from UM Performance Products). I mounted mine so it's not above the roof of the Teryx.

I ride in a lot of treed trails, and couldn't have mine over the top either. These trails are typically for snowmobiles and ATV's, so the trees hang pretty low for my UTV.

I'll try and post a picture as soon as I figure out how.
This should do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I should have included this fact ... I run a soft-top and any of the fold-down type usually mounts to one of the top bars (thus making it impossible to have the top on. I'm not keen on having the ones that mount to the front of the cage as I'm pretty tall and don't want anything interfering with my vision. I'm pretty much set on a front bumper type mount

·
Registered
167 Posts
I guess I should have included this fact ... I run a soft-top and any of the fold-down type usually mounts to one of the top bars (thus making it impossible to have the top on. I'm not keen on having the ones that mount to the front of the cage as I'm pretty tall and don't want anything interfering with my vision. I'm pretty much set on a front bumper type mount
Point taken. Just FYI though, I'm not too short either, and the bar doesn't impair vision what so ever.

Just thought I'd try and offer an option you may not have thought of.

Good luck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think ebay sells two or three light bar kits for the Teryx. I know I have seen them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think ebay sells two or three light bar kits for the Teryx. I know I have seen them.
Actually the one I have is off Ebay. Please be careful of these. The mount is very weak and for some reason the light tabs are on the front rather than the top. This may sound minor but it completely takes out any ability to adjust the lights up and the angle is maxed out. This is the bar I'm junking if I can find a better one.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Point taken. Just FYI though, I'm not too short either, and the bar doesn't impair vision what so ever.

Just thought I'd try and offer an option you may not have thought of.

Good luck.
Hmm ... I'll take a look. Thanks!
i have a feeling I'm just going to find someone local to bend up something.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought a warn winch mount bumper and mounted two HID's there and also did the same thing as jfilion did w/ the UMR light bar. Beware of that one though, their customer svc sucks, shipping is slow, and they forgot my clamps/brackets and when they did show up, they weren't big enough for the teryx, so I had to buy blank clams and weld my own brackets on them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought a warn winch mount bumper and mounted two HID's there and also did the same thing as jfilion did w/ the UMR light bar. Beware of that one though, their customer svc sucks, shipping is slow, and they forgot my clamps/brackets and when they did show up, they weren't big enough for the teryx, so I had to buy blank clams and weld my own brackets on them.

I had the same issue with the clamp size. They sent me the wrong ones too. I call them, and the Service was great. They sent me a new set, no questions asked.

Only thing is, they sent me the wrong size twice. The clamp they sent fits on the bars under the roof. Not the ones on the sides of the cage.

I just made a set, the bar is the hard part, the Mounts are easy.

Did you call them? maybe they don't know they have the wrong size.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had the same issue with the clamp size. They sent me the wrong ones too. I call them, and the Service was great. They sent me a new set, no questions asked.

Only thing is, they sent me the wrong size twice. The clamp they sent fits on the bars under the roof. Not the ones on the sides of the cage.

I just made a set, the bar is the hard part, the Mounts are easy.

Did you call them? maybe they don't know they have the wrong size.
After 4 phone calls just to get the wrong clamps (missing in the first place) I decided to cut my losses.
Think I got the blanks from UTV Crap. Big heavy bastards, I'll give 'em that!
I really like the light bar from UMR, I just don't deal well w/ shoddy svc or products.
I'd rather do w/o something than buy junk or get the run around.
I won't do business w/ super atv again either.
Some of the BEST places I've done business w/ are the guys from Black Rhino and KG Motorcycle Tire. UTV Crap guys weren't bad either.
They all bent over backwards to make sure I got the right parts & the parts I wanted the FIRST TIME.

Sorry, off soapbox... ;)

Back to topic,
I have lights on front & like them, especially pointed down so I can see right in front of me, & I have lights across the top, but mounted lower so they don't stick up above the cab.
When I had all six of those HIDs lit up last night pushing snow... all I can say is "Holy freaking $hit!"
They lit up everything!
Now to replace the stock headlamp bulbs w/ HIDs!
Oh, I'm 5'11" and the light bar doesn't get in my way.
Remember, the stock cage is a bit tall, especially compared to an aftermarket one. I'll bet if you put the measuring tape to ours and to some mounted higher on an aftermarket cage, they would be pretty darn close to the same overall height.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts